Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am moving the containers to a shady spot tomorrow AM, they will get a few hours of sun late morning / mid day then be in the shade of a tree for the rest of the day - we'll see what happens.
Hope this works out for you.
I only plant containers these days, its so much easier to manage and less effort involved. My habanero plants, jalapenos, and cayenne are currently loaded in containers.
The epsom salt contains sulfur and magnesium if memory is correct. These minerals promote blooming, I feel this aided in holding on to flowers as well. Let us know if it helps.

Reactions: Retired Spook
Finally picking some ghost. They have been the slowest to ripen but pods are plentiful on the 3 plants. This one is a whopper
1000005221-01.jpeg

Finally picking some ghost. They have been the slowest to ripen but pods are plentiful on the 3 plants. This one is a whopper

Don't think I would want to touch those with my hands even if they are not opened.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Finally picking some ghost. They have been the slowest to ripen but pods are plentiful on the 3 plants. This one is a whopperView attachment 675765Ghost are probably the prettiest ripening fruit I have ever seen. If we could only get them all to turn out this way. What a beauty
I ordered seeds the other day from a place in Florida, hoping these will be more resilient to summer heat down here next year.

Last year I bought seedlings and they never produced one pepper. Dug them up in the fall, potted them and brought into the house for the winter. This spring they have tons of peppers. They are now back outside to see what they will do.
I have had my best pepper harvest from pepper plants I grow in pots. Easier to control the moisture and easier to control the feeding. This year I am going to try to use grow bags for all my pepper plants.

Well I can tell you I had all kinds of flowers the first year and not one pepper. My daughter said it was a pollinating thing but I think there is something up with these peppers. To bad we live so far apart as I would take those plants off your hands.View attachment 668416View attachment 668417
I agree with the pollination thing. We need more bees to do their thing! I had a similar thing happen with some peppers and eggplant but mostly because a crazy cucumber plant took over my planter.

Once I fixed that and the bees did their thing I had some success. But it was late and fleeting.

Reactions: KBFlyer
I have had my best pepper harvest from pepper plants I grow in pots. Easier to control the moisture and easier to control the feeding. This year I am going to try to use grow bags for all my pepper plants.
I'm doing bales, pots and my raised bed. If you haven't tried straw bale gardening it's amazing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky