Several new hot sauce ferments processed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Finally got a day to get to some of my finished ferments All were 4 week ferments 1) Green Chile Table Sauce , nice basic jalapeno / serrano sauce with a touch of garlic 2) Red Savine Table Sauce , my home grown red savine pepper sauce. Hotter than my normal hAbsoltuely Habanero which is commercially sourced red habs. LOVE this one 3) Mean Green, This is one I do at the end of the pepper season using both jalapeno along with about 20% unripened green superhots to kick it up a notch. It's the green table sauce on steroids lol 4) F-Bomb, a stupid hot blend with this batch even hotter than the last. A blend of ghost and scorpion peppers with cumin, smoked paprika and natural hickory smoke. VERY hot. Sort of an insane hot version of my Wildfire . This one is for a select few and I'm not one of them. Making it alone and tasting,rinse repeat until done destroys me LOL. Close to 50 bottles today. I have two more to get at next week and at least 3 I want to get started. Here's a few pics. Note the very cool metal F bombs Fueling Around Fueling Around sent me. His son made them. Awesome!
1000005736-01.jpeg
1000005738-01.jpeg
1000005742-01.jpeg
PXL_20231106_192704818.jpg
1000005748-01.jpeg
Used the Bing AI for that wicked jalapeno lol. You may notice th bubbles in the Mean Green. I had to remix adding a little more xanthan gum. Got impatient and bottled too soon. After they settle overnight I'll use one bottle to top the rest off before shrink banding them. Time to shrink band the rest of the bottles though. Thanks for looking!

They look awesome! I love the AI mean green jalapeno!
I played around with it awhile . The jalapeno was fast. Took forever to get the text right.

Nice! You are really cranking these out!
Thanks Steve. Was getting low and have local folks asking about sauce now and the holidays. Figured I better get in gear

I am in awe sir! My first ferments are 3 weeks in this Saturday. Do you think they are ready?

Jim
Jim I think you are likely ok this weekend. You can check PH to be sure. I'd bet you are around 3.5 or less. My 3 to 4 week are usually 3 or less.

Reactions: JLeonard
Holy Hell Jeff!! You are crushing it with all these hot sauces. No question, you have rewritten the book on this stuff. Be careful though. I can easily see a ton of people asking for this stuff and you may wind up doing it on a commercial level. I know I'd be standing in line for any of those sauces.

Robert

Outstanding!
Thank you
Nice stack of bottles. All set for the holidays.
Getting there. Many more to do next week
Holy Hell Jeff!! You are crushing it with all these hot sauces. No question, you have rewritten the book on this stuff. Be careful though. I can easily see a ton of people asking for this stuff and you may wind up doing it on a commercial level. I know I'd be standing in line for any of those sauces.

Robert
Thanks Robert. Commercially it would be a real job. I love it as a hobby with good word of mouth local demand though. It's a hobby that pays for itself and gives me and my friends free sauce. Maybe a few bucks in the pocket too :)

Wow . Nice work . I tried to revisit this . Still not happening .
You need a friend in the " bottle business " .

Reactions: jcam222
Wow . Nice work . I tried to revisit this . Still not happening .
You need a friend in the " bottle business " .
No doubt quality is spotty as most are from China. I get mine on Amazon. I've had to return 3 of the last 5 shipments. Two were for broken glass and one for poor lid fit to the threads. I won't use bottles if there is even one cracked bottle for fear of tiny glass shards in other bottles. Took me awhile to get that through the Amazon reps head. Cost averages around $1.25 a bottle for bottle, reducer, cap and shrink band.

I ordered a couple of squeeze condiment bottles. Gonna put my hot sauce in them when I process this weekend. If It become a real hobby I may ease over into the fancy bottles.

Jim

Reactions: 02ebz06 and jcam222
I ordered a couple of squeeze condiment bottles. Gonna put my hot sauce in them when I process this weekend. If It become a real hobby I may ease over into the fancy bottles.

Jim
Squeeze bottles are great for personal use!

Looks great Jeff. Love the labels as usual. I need to get some squeeze condiment bottles for my sauce to make it more usable. Using a spoon out of a mason jar is a pita.

That's why I use dropper bottles especially with thin Tabasco like sauce with nothing but a single pepper variety and just pureed peppers, sieved and added back brine kept in the fridge. Shake before dosing with the dropper. The one year ferments make super hots more mild and the fruit flavor up front and then heat. I tried squeeze condiment bottles but the liquid weight just turning the bottle upside down was an uncontrollable squirt vs drop(s). Seeds are a problem with squeeze bottles and cutting the opening a little larger than a smooth pureed sieved sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky