Zucchini Mustard Relish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I made this yesterday turned out well!  Good way to use zuchini. I didn't have any celery seed  (local grocery stores out too) and used a half cup of chopped celery. I am not much for the sweet relish  (Wife and kids like it though)  I am thinking maybe today I will try another batch, but leave out the sugar.  Have you tried it without sugar?

Thanks,

Mark
If you don't like sweet relish, I wouldn't leave the sugar out of this one. It is meant to be a sweet relish. I would go with a Picalilli or green tomato relish. The problem with changing recipes for canned goods is that the balance of sweet and acid is important so it doesn't spoil in the jar.

I'm glad your family liked it.

Disco

I made a batch without sugar and added some garlic. So we will see.  Not worried about no sugar, dill pickles don't have sugar and the vinegar is acidic.  Plus I pressure canned them!

Mark

I made a batch without sugar and added some garlic. So we will see.  Not worried about no sugar, dill pickles don't have sugar and the vinegar is acidic.  Plus I pressure canned them!

Mark

I'll be interested to hear the result.

Disco

Tried it tonight on a deer brat I made.... It was very good not as sour I thought it was going to be but very tasty!

Tried it tonight on a deer brat I made.... It was very good not as sour I thought it was going to be but very tasty!

Experimentation is the precursor of great food. Way to go!

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky