Zucchini Crust Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
4 cups zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
1 egg
1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon basil

Mix all together. Spray stone or pan with non-stickspread out on pizza stone or pan. Bake in 450* oven for 12-15 minutes to set. Remove and top with pizza sauce more cheese and whatever toppings you like. Put back in oven. Cook until cheese is bubbly gooey good!

Reactions: imbrayon
What a great idea for using up some of your zucchini!   I don't have a garden, but that looks good enough I might buy some zucchini to try out!

Thanks for posting and sharing your recipe, and Happy Labor Day!
Clarissa

Do it, it is super good. I don't know if I can go back to pizza dough!!! Smoked cheese would be fantastic on it.

What a great idea for using up some of your zucchini!   I don't have a garden, but that looks good enough I might buy some zucchini to try out!

Thanks for posting and sharing your recipe, and Happy Labor Day!

Clarissa

Thanks Clarissa it is super good. Only thing I might do different next time is to squeeze some of the liquid out of the zucchini. If we didn't have nice big steaks for tonight we'd be having this again!

Wow case... that looks WONDERFUL! Look at all that parm! Yummy!

Thanks! It was super yummy! I must admit that I added more mozzarella and parm than called for in the crust mix! We love cheese!
Nothing wrong with extra cheese... and for sure.. some nice smoked cheese on top would give it that oh so great smoky flavor we all love.
I will try this for sure...

This was a full on vegetarian pizza, even the sausage was veggie sausage!

I think it would be good to replace the pizza sauce with BBQ sauce and top with pulled smoked chicken!!!!

Did you just use a cheese grater to shred the z's? My best friend is a vegaterian... So Im always looking for different recipes to cook for her. That away she isnt left out when I pull all the meat out of the smoker. Looked into making my own veggy sausage... but Ill just stick to store bought stuff for her for now til I get the sausage making down alittle more.. I really need a stuffer!  :) 

Yep just used the course side of the cheese grater. I didn't squeeze any water out of the zucchini and think that I will next time.

FYI we used egg substitute in place of the egg to make this vegetarian friendly.

LOL.....look at the SIZE of that thing. Case, you need to get yourself a coupla chickens for zuke disposal. I have 6 hens, no rooster, and they love big ones like that
I don't know Willie after making this pizza, I am going to need every bit of Zuke that I have! Super tasty! Makes standard crust blah!

That looks great and a new one to me. I have had Zucchini bread enough times I should have thought of that.

beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky