Zucchini Crust Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks great and a new one to me. I have had Zucchini bread enough times I should have thought of that.

beercheer.gif
Thanks Todd! We will be grating, vacuum packing and freezing a bunch for more of these pizzas and zuke bread and muffins. You can do the same thing with cauliflower. It requires a few more steps but is really good too.

That looks great and an interesting concept! I have an adopted Daughter, Casey's best bud Erica, that has Celiac Disease. Even the slightest Gluten and she is sick for a couple days. Casey is always looking for new recipes that offer something different for Erica. This one would be perfect. Not to mention it is virtually Carb Free, Low in Calories and the heavily Caramelized Cheese in the crust has to taste fabulous. The Cauliflower version sounds great too. It's one of my favorite veggies!...JJ

Last edited:

That looks great and an interesting concept! I have an adopted Daughter, Casey's best bud Erica, that has Celiac Disease. Even the slightest Gluten and she is sick for a couple days. Casey is always looking for new recipes that offer something different for Erica. This one would be perfect. Not to mention it is virtually Carb Free, Low in Calories and the heavily Caramelized Cheese in the crust has to taste fabulous. The Cauliflower version sounds great too. It's one of my favorite veggies!...JJ
Thanks JJ! We have several friends that like to come enjoy our BBQ. Two are vegetarians and two of them have other food related allergies.  So I am always on the lookout for veggie recipes.  Cauliflower works great too. Both of these work good in patty form baked or fried and served as a side.

Thanks JJ! We have several friends that like to come enjoy our BBQ. Two are vegetarians and two of them have other food related allergies.  So I am always on the lookout for veggie recipes.  Cauliflower works great too. Both of these work good in patty form baked or fried and served as a side.
Hmmmm...Eggplant, Roasted Tomatoes, most of the water removed and Mozz with the Herbs. Should make a hell of a Eggplant Parm Burger. Lots of possible combinations...JJ 

I thought I remembered reading this the first go round... so I went back and read this thread when I got off a few ago... I think this is where my problem was this past weekend...

I made the "dough" like you said in post #1.. put in a 350* oven (maybe that was a probl em too) on a pizza pan.. it never "set" or firmed up enough.. no matter how long I cooked it... it was  like a Quiche almost in texture... I ended up just putting it in the fridge cause it still tasted great.. figured I could use it for something. in the fridge it firmed up enough the next morn so for giggles I put some sauce on it and cheese and back to oven.. it went back to quiche like.. so Im thinking maybe to much moisture now that I think about it.. think some bread crumbs would hurt it? or where you trying to stay carb free with yours?

I thought I remembered reading this the first go round... so I went back and read this thread when I got off a few ago... I think this is where my problem was this past weekend...
I made the "dough" like you said in post #1.. put in a 350* oven (maybe that was a probl em too) on a pizza pan.. it never "set" or firmed up enough.. no matter how long I cooked it... it was  like a Quiche almost in texture... I ended up just putting it in the fridge cause it still tasted great.. figured I could use it for something. in the fridge it firmed up enough the next morn so for giggles I put some sauce on it and cheese and back to oven.. it went back to quiche like.. so Im thinking maybe to much moisture now that I think about it.. think some bread crumbs would hurt it? or where you trying to stay carb free with yours?

I think that you would be okay adding bread crumbs. I also think that the high heat is key. As a disclaimer I added probably double the amount of cheese. As a cheese a holic that happens!!! We're you using a pizza stone or a pan? I still haven't tried the squeezing the liquid out. I will try it this weekend, and with less cheese as the wife wants it "lighter"... ughhh!

Carb free what's that!!!!

Last edited:
I just used a pan .. and I dumped the rest of a half of bag of left over moz in... prob more than called for. I wanna try again to. Cause I still have some zucchini left .. it was good even though it wasnt crusty so to say.. but I love the idea!
Maybe ill shred some last weeks smoked cheese... mixed into the crust maybe hide some bitterness. . ;) I will do high heat for sure. I realized the 300's once I went back and read this thread again I made that mistake..

I just used a pan .. and I dumped the rest of a half of bag of left over moz in... prob more than called for. I wanna try again to. Cause I still have some zucchini left .. it was good even though it wasnt crusty so to say.. but I love the idea!
Maybe ill shred some last weeks smoked cheese... mixed into the crust maybe hide some bitterness. . ;) I will do high heat for sure. I realized the 300's once I went back and read this thread again I made that mistake..
Smoked cheese is good in the mix! I plan on doing this again this week, we too still have zucchini. This go around I am going to squeeze out the grated zuch to get rid of some of the moisture. Per the wife's request I will be using less cheese, I guess this thing is supposed to be HEALTHY!
ROTF.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky