Yup! I'm weird! Mac and cheese for breakfast.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Up early. Again. And after my coffee I started thinking about what I'm going to do on my day off. Can't go anywhere. Car is in the shop for maintenance. Ann is at work with the other. And then for some reason I started thinking about smoked mac and cheese. Heck yeah! Breakfast of champions, yes?
Started out with grating some smoked cheddar I had aging for 3 years.
P6160323.JPG

Recipe:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 pound macaroni cooked al dente
6 slices thick bacon cooked crisp and sliced in pieces
4 cups grated cheddar

Topping
3 tbs butter melted. Add 1 cup panko crumbs and mix together.

Melt butter in pan. Add flour and stir until smooth.
Gradually add milk. Bring to low simmer stirring constantly.
Reduce heat. And add cheese in small amounts until it is nice and smooth.
Remove from heat.
Drain macaroni. And return to pan.
Add cheese sauce, salt, pepper, and bacon.
Mix well. And put in a greased baking dish.
Add topping.
Put in smoker at 300 degrees for 1 hour.

P6160327.JPG

Spoon onto plate. And dig in!

P6160329.JPG

Dang dude, I would have M&C for breakfast ANY TIME it would be in front of me. Very nice!

That's not weird at all dude!! That's legendary :emoji_laughing: Lets face it, mac & cheese is a food group in and of itself...kinda like bacon and gravy.

Robert

Looks good steve, ya should've topped it with some frosted flakes or cheerios to make it legal this is coming from a guy who used to like cold spaghetti for breakfast.

Looks great from here. Actually one of my favorite breakfast includes non sauced bbq. That with some of your macncheese would be the breakfast of champions. Delicious way to start the day.

Hell yes Weirdo, be proud, I would be all over that! I've got some smoked cheddar and pepper jack in the fridge for two years now. How do you bring yourself to cut the package open Steve? I hope to find out one day. Bookmarked, but I won't use my smoked cheese on it. RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Awesome! Strong move! I’ve done leftover M&C for breakfast before…normally hungover, but never from scratch🤣I love it! Thank you for the recipe!

I'm in Jed's camp. I've had Mac-n-cheese for breakfast before, but I've never made it for breakfast. Yours looks mighty fine Steve.

Point for sure
Chris

What a meal for your breakfast on your day off! Throw in a beer and a nap and I'd be golden!

Ryan

After working nights for almost 25 years my gut dont know what time of the day it is. Ive had eggs and bacon for breakfast and burgers some days also. Heck I'd tear up that mac and cheese regardless of the time of day!
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky