Your Go-To Turkey Injection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Typically I’ve not injected enhanced birds, just never thought it necessary. Last year we bought a fresh turkey and I injected with DaveO’s veggie stock ham injection because it’s delicious in pork, but the result was a bird way to rich for my taste, it was good just over the top. Then at some point this year I think it was jcam222 jcam222 that suggested “Butcher Bbq” brand “Bird booster” he likes it and that’s good enough for me to try so I bought some of the original and rotisserie flavor. It’s tasty has chicken flavor, salt spices a little sweet and phosphate. I injected my bird last night and will spin it on the roto tomorrow.

Typically I’ve not injected enhanced birds, just never thought it necessary. Last year we bought a fresh turkey and I injected with DaveO’s veggie stock ham injection because it’s delicious in pork, but the result was a bird way to rich for my taste, it was good just over the top. Then at some point this year I think it was jcam222 jcam222 that suggested “Butcher Bbq” brand “Bird booster” he likes it and that’s good enough for me to try so I bought some of the original and rotisserie flavor. It’s tasty has chicken flavor, salt spices a little sweet and phosphate. I injected my bird last night and will spin it on the roto tomorrow.
The results I get with that on turkey breast is phenomenal. Swear by it. His brisket inject is nice too

I call this one BBQ Brethren poultry injection. It came from a mens group we had at our Church a few years back. We used this when cooking large amounts of turkey breasts when brining is not practicable.

1/2C chicken broth
3-4 Tbs melted butter
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp fine black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
pinch / shake of cayenne
shake of MSG
3/4 tsp salt reduce for enhanced poultry

Mix well with immersion blender, keep a little warm to prevent butter from coagulating.
Put bird on heat quickly as the warm solution starts the 140F clock.

RG

20231117_153233.jpg

I call this one BBQ Brethren poultry injection. It came from a mens group we had at our Church a few years back. We used this when cooking large amounts of turkey breasts when brining is not practicable.

1/2C chicken broth
3-4 Tbs melted butter
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp fine black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
pinch / shake of cayenne
shake of MSG
3/4 tsp salt reduce for enhanced poultry

Mix well with immersion blender, keep a little warm to prevent butter from coagulating.
Put bird on heat quickly as the warm solution starts the 140F clock.

RG

View attachment 681593
Those look great!

What’s your injection for turkey?
I need some ideas!

Lets see ‘em!!!

Banjo man out.
For a deep fried turkey, I like Tony C's Creole butter with 3 giant table spoons of brown sugar and a handful and a half of fresh jalapenos all throw in the blender.
Strain a little and inject all over with plenty in the breast. It's amazing!
I season the bird with some Tony C's seasoning but I keep an eye on the amount because it's mostly salt.

For smoked birds I do an equilibrium cure/brine with Cure#1, Salt, and Sugar. I inject this brine into the bird Simple and fantastic flavor in the bird. I season the outside with Pepper, Onion, and Garlic (salt is already all in the bird).

Homemade Cajun or Cajun Apple Butter
I also make Garlic Butter and Garlic Herb Butter

Reactions: indaswamp
Tony C's is always a winner .

I use Pop's brine on poultry .
1/2 cup pickling salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 TBLS cure 1
1 tsp lemon extract .
Mixed in 1 gallon water .
Inject and soak overnight . I inject everything . Even the wings .
Never tried a turkey with Pop's brine, but many whole chickens. Vert good.

Pop's brine is very safe and versatile.

I remember all the bacon, ham and sausage in Pop's family store.

Reactions: chopsaw
I remember all the bacon, ham and sausage in Pop's family store.
I bet it was awesome . You're lucky to have had a chance to visit it .

If you like a hint of citrus try the lemon extract with Pop's on poultry . Inject everything as heavy as it will take , then soak overnight . Black pepper and fresh herbs on the skin . it comes out tender and juicy with great flavor . Skin melts in your mouth .

Pop's brine is very safe and versatile.
It's a great way for new people to start out curing meats .

I bet it was awesome . You're lucky to have had a chance to visit it .

If you like a hint of citrus try the lemon extract with Pop's on poultry . Inject everything as heavy as it will take , then soak overnight . Black pepper and fresh herbs on the skin . it comes out tender and juicy with great flavor . Skin melts in your mouth .

It's a great way for new people to start out curing meats .
I have pictures of the old Fasset store somewhere. Will look for them and post them.

Directly across the street from his store was a hardware store. Sold guns, ammo, licenses, fishing tackle...

Best penny/ nickel candy counter a kid could could have.....

Wow! That was a long time ago

That's my go-to as well. Kept it simple this morning, as I'm laid up after shoulder surgery yesterday. Talked my son through it, injecting with butter, poultry seasoning, and a little orange juice. Wife doesn't take instructions well.
Trader Joe's has a "Everything but the leftovers" seasoning and that was all I used with the butter. It was delicious.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky