You know you may have a problem when…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That picture is an awful photo shop job, if not it's a really bizarre photo, the shadowing is fake looking.
Hmm, very late afternoon with disbursed clouds on the west horizon which might have soften the shadows. Not PS'd. Paint alone took us 6 months to find. Depending on the lighting conditions the flop on this color is insane and can appear as any number of different shades. Total build time was just short of 5 years. The engine turned out to have been a 67 replacement therefore not a numbers matching vehicle. Decision was to bring it back by updating it with a brand new RoadsterShop chassis and an LS3 430hp power train. Lots more went in to the build but I'll stop here.

Another view in the shop awaiting to be shipped back after some needed adjustments:

IMG_1286.jpg

Last edited:
UE, There is a 1980 in my garage (wifes) and that is one too many. Less room for wheelers, snowmachines and hanging deer/moose !

Hmm, very late afternoon with disbursed clouds on the west horizon which might have soften the shadows. Not PS'd. Paint alone took us 6 months to find. Depending on the lighting conditions the flop on this color is insane and can appear as any number of different shades. Total build time was just short of 5 years. The engine turned out to have been a 67 replacement therefore not a numbers matching vehicle. Decision was to bring it back by updating it with a brand new RoadsterShop chassis and an LS3 430hp power train. Lots more went in to the build but I'll stop here.

Another view in the shop awaiting to be shipped back after some needed adjustments:

View attachment 696771
Holy cow, maybe because it looked too good to be real, that car/ and paint is impressive to say the least.

Is there an LS6 under the hood?

Reactions: schlotz
I dont even care for the color red and I love that paint.

I had our iron deck furniture painted an iridescent, or whatever its called, powder coat bronze. Depending on the sun/light it can look black or all the way to deep golden bronze.

Holy cow, maybe because it looked too good to be real, that car/ and paint is impressive to say the least.

Is there an LS6 under the hood?
As mentioned, LS3 430 hp. When in discussion about which engine to go with my restorer said he can put any size LS3 I want but if its above the 430 he can almost guarantee he'll receive a call from me within 3 weeks crying that I've wrapped around a pole. After driving it for the last 3 1/2 years I agree the 430 is more than enough for this car.

• Love
Reactions: forktender
As mentioned, LS3 430 hp. When in discussion about which engine to go with my restorer said he can put any size LS3 I want but if its above the 430 he can almost guarantee he'll receive a call from me within 3 weeks crying that I've wrapped around a pole. After driving it for the last 3 1/2 years I agree the 430 is more than enough for this car.
I totally missed the LS3, those are great engines. 430HP in that light little car must be a lot of fun .

That is more HP then my 65 Chevelle had, and it was pretty fast for back then. I sure miss those old muscle cars. I can't afford them these days. I paid less then 2 grand for it back in 1980.:emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky