Yoder Smoker YS640s or new Broil King Regal or something else?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You just proved my point by stating that an external probe showed temp swings that the controller did not. None of them count/weigh an exact amount of pellets. No pellets are exactly uniform. There is no way to shut the heat off. All will swing to some degree. To claim that any will hold +/-1 degree is asinine. 6 or 7 degrees is good. I only see bigger swings when using Lumberjack pellets, and even then the food turns out the same. There is a bigger temp difference between upper/lower grate, left/right than there are temp swings in any of them. Anything directly above firepot will be hotter, and usually exhaust sides run hotter too.

Not exactly. The controller is showing the temp throughout the grill. As you said, the temp inside the grill is not exactly uniform and the average temp inside the grill is only fluctuating a degree or two. Any one particular spot is only fluctuating 3 or 4 degrees around the set point.

This proves my point that the controller is not taking 20 and 30 degree swings like other grills and averaging those out over the cook to show the set point. The RT is way better than my home oven.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky