Yet another Iowan

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by duckcall, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Hi all! My name is Dave and I might have a food addiction. I have spent years honing my dutch oven skills and am now on a new adventure. I bought a King Kooker 30" smoker and am going to try three fatties on it tonight.

2. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Dave, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!

3. earache_my_eye

earache_my_eye Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF, Dave. Lots of great info to be found here, and plenty of ideas to keep your smoking addiction growing....[​IMG]

Be sure to check out Jeff's Free 5-Day eCourse.....that will help get you going quickly with all the basics of smoking.

And remember we really like to see qview!!

L8r,
    Eric

4. Thanks Eric, the fatty post on IO is how I found this website. I have already subscribed to the 5 day course.

5. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Dave. This site will give you something to do on Sat.'s since there is no college football up there. LOL.

6. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

welcome!!!

7. iadubber

iadubber Meat Mopper

2 more people and we will have every Iowan on here! J/K, welcome aboard!!

8. dennisdocb

dennisdocb Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

hi Dave, welcome, glad you joined us.

9. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Yup, you're addicted. Glad you found us Dave. Share some of the dutch oven experience. Others here are very good with them as well.

10. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello Dave, glad to have you as part of the SMF. Plenty of folks here who are into D.O.'s and smokin' too.

11. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Fatties right off the bat ? [​IMG] ...now you're really gonna be hooked [​IMG] ... Welcome to the forum Dave .

12. daboys

daboys Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yes, another Iowan! Welcome to smf Dave.

13. ducksndogs

ducksndogs Fire Starter

Hey Dave, welcome to SMF! Always good to see another Iowan on the boards. I'm Rouser on IO, great to see another Iowaoutdoors member coming over to share in the SMF goodness!

Take care and can't wait to see your first qwiew.

14. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

ANOTHER HAWKEYE...............WHAT IT FOLKS..........WE BE TAKING OVER!!!!!!!

welcome dude.............where's about you hale from?

15. Yep, I'm definitely a hawk fan. I'm iowalabs on IO. The fatties turned out great btw. I will try to post pics this weekend.

16. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome dave this is the place to be and also glad your a jayhawk fan

17. allen

allen Smoking Fanatic

From one Iowan to another, Welcome aboard to SMF, Enjoy the people, advice or tips and also friendly atmoshere, Don't be scared to ask a question, answers will come just be patient

18. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, glad ta have ya dave! New Hampton eh, yall ain't to fer away from me, I live in Mason City. I also use dutch ovens, love smokin meat too! Yall will have ta come ta next years Iowa Gatherin, this year was our first, but a real hoot!

19. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Greetings Duckcall!
    Lots of your neighbors are here!
    The map is definately full now over IOWA, your next gathering will be AWESOME!!