Yep, Sometimes Ya Just Need A Good Steak (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
So a few days ago our good friend Matt ( schlotz schlotz ) posted his need for a steak, which is rightfully featured on the carousel. That post hit home with me as I noted in his thread. The schedule recently has been insane and add to that family coming to town tomorrow, we've been just slammed. Monday was my wind-down day with little on the agenda except the pool, margaritas, and basking in the sun like a walrus on the beach :emoji_laughing: I have an area in the pool I call my G-Spot. It's the place that brings me pleasure. I can stand in water up to my shoulders and still reach my margarita :emoji_wink: Standing there contemplating...well not a whole lot....thoughts of dinner started running through my head. On my next margarita fill-up I got a great big NY Strip out of the freezer to defrost and dinner was on!!

The steak. One pound six ounces. Large enough for both of us being that Tracy doesn't eat a whole lot
001.jpg

Seasoned with a crazy bend of spice mixes I put together on Sunday cleaning out the pantry.
002.jpg

Wanted to do this on the hybrid Santa Maria but the wind was blowing like mad. Nope...not gonna be the one to set Central Texas on fire, so onto the gasser
003.jpg

Running medium heat so around 800 degrees. After a few minutes it's time to flip
004.jpg

A few more minutes then into the house. Rest a bit while I get everything else ready
005.jpg

When Rick came for brisket Saturday he brought us a huge sack full of tomatoes from his garden. I made a really good tomato salad. Looks nasty but it was fantastic.
007.jpg

I think I'm going to enjoy this
006.jpg

Plated with some cream and pesto pasta, the salad, and garlic toast. Out to the patio as usual. Does anybody see Mickey Mouse here??? :emoji_laughing:
008.jpg

Matt was 100% correct. At times, ya just need a good steak, and this one was out of this world and exactly what the doctor ordered. Thank you Matt!! Tomorrow will be a rib eye feast for family if everything comes out as planned. That one should be super good too. I just hope the wind had calmed down by then so I can cook with charcoal in some capacity.

Probably see all y'all at some point over the weekend if the rib eyes come out as hoped. Take care and stay safe.

Robert

Man Robert, even the grill marks are perfect.

How hot is pool there now? Mine does not want to get below 86...too hot for me to go in during the hot sun.

Wind down day? Heck, I’d put on a suit and tie to reserve a table on your deck for some of that!

The steak looks perfectly done and the whole plate is just top notch.

Reactions: JLeonard
I could use a good steak! man all these steak threads are getting me hankering... Wife should be leaving me for a couple weeks soon, then its steak time!

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man you just put me to shame with those grill marks!! Cooked perfectly as usual too! The tomato salad is tight up my alley. I was just thinking today how great it would be to have a garden fresh tomato. Still early for that in Ohio. Going to go see if the local place has some TN tomatoes in.

Robert, what a perfectly prepared steak! Fresh tomatoes still not ready here in Indiana but they're coming along. That Piedmontese sure looks inviting. Judging by the color they appear to be 100% grass fed? Need to research where and how to obtain here. I just noticed the grill grates, hmm... I got them for the smoker but never thought to put them on my gas grill. Definitely going to try that. Great meal my friend and love the write up, as always! POINTS!!!!!

That is summer on a plate Robert!

Speaking of summer, I sure wish summer would reach us! Was a high of 45 yesterday...... Might actually hit 70 today but will drop to the 60s after that.....

Great looking steak Robert! And it looks like you enjoyed your wind down day! Good looking plate as well!

Ryan

Wow Robert! Looks delicious! It’s great to take a break sometimes and go simple and tasty! That is perfect! 🤣 Now I’m thinking I need a pool!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
An other pretty looking steak Robert. And like said above ( edmonds edmonds ) you had the tape measure going to line up the grill marks. Good on you.
Tomato salad looks good to me.

You only have half a Jamie Lee going on there this time. Sorry I had to.

David

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky