Yep, Sometimes Ya Just Need A Good Steak (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Perfect looking steak and plate Robert.

Point for sure
Chris

Fine looking meal my friend. Steak was cooked to perfection as usual. I love the grill marks you get from using the grillgrates. It's kind of like you mentioning a lack of smoke ring in your brisket thread. It's not necessary but damnit if I don't have some nice grill marks I am just disappointed!

Going to go see if the local place has some TN tomatoes in.

Check for Grainger county tomatoes Jeff. Those are the top notch ones that put the others to shame.

Reactions: jcam222
Nice Job, Robert !!
Those look like awesome Steaks, from here!
I'd be all over them!
Like.

Bear

Man Robert, even the grill marks are perfect.

How hot is pool there now? Mine does not want to get below 86...too
Thanks so much Cliff. Pool is about 84 right now but headed north. That's where I like it but even when it's 88 that feels cool when the air temp is 105.
Looks fabulous man, second to none!
Thank you sir. Appreciate it.
Heck, I’d put on a suit and tie to reserve a table on your deck for some of that!
If you show up at my house in a suit I'll think you're from the IRS and are here to help so I probably won't let you in :emoji_laughing:

Robert

think you must be using a protractor. Looks great.

And who has fresh tomatoes already?
Thank you for the kind words. Growing season starts pretty early here so it's not uncommon to start seeing fresh veggies in April.
Dang nice-looking steak and an awesome looking plate.
Thank you Warren. How's things with you sir?
I agree. how far ahead do we need to call for reservations?
Only as long as it takes to get from your house to mine :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Another awesome meal Robert! The grill marks are top notch for sure.
Thanks buddy. A lifetime of precision wood working I got pretty good at guessing 90 degrees :emoji_laughing:
I’m always impressed by your skills. The tomato salad looks crazy good, too.
Thanks so much Sven. It's only applying what I've learned here and yes, that tomato salad was extremely good. Very different but very good.
Absolutely perfect plate.👍👍
Thank you Mike. It came out looking pretty decent.

Robert

Another gorgeous plate with a perfectly cooked steak Robert!
Thank you my friend. Was nothing I did. It's just a matter of having the right tools.
I could use a good steak! man all these steak threads are getting me hankering... Wife should be leaving me for a couple weeks soon, then its steak time!
Wow Dave. Wife won't let you have steak? That would be tragic for me. Make the best of it when she's gone!!
Man you just put me to shame with those grill marks!!
Thank you Jeff. The sear grates work great for that once I figured them out.

Robert

And that one looks perfect Robert along with the plate !
Thanks so much. This was exactly what the doctor ordered. Hit the spot in a big way.
Judging by the color they appear to be 100% grass fed?
They do offer a grass fed, grass finished line of beef but I don't believe this falls into that category. It is just a totally different breed of cattle than what is produced here as our mainstream beef.
That is summer on a plate Robert!

Speaking of summer, I sure wish summer would reach us! Was a high of 45 yesterday
Appreciate the kind words. Sorry to hear about your weather though. We are well into triple digit temps now and will see them for the next 2 weeks at least.

Robert

Haha. She lets me but she doesn’t like it nearly as much as I do. So I usually make steaks when she is gone

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky