Yeah Baby...Passed with flying colors!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
So I received a special care package from an SMF member last week. Whom, I'm not sure wishes to be identified. My bad I forgot to ask. So I'll let them make the decision on whether to reveal themselves or not . Anyway I need to apologize, because I said that I would use the gift last weekend. Well, come to find out the wife was sicker then a dog over the weekend and I caught a mild case of whatever it was on Monday. So that brings us to tonight. I decided to give it the ultimate test, because I kept hearing folks rant and rave about this product.

On to the test:
I picked up a few pre-made non-seasoned 85/15 burgers from the local grocer this afternoon along with some basic store bought rolls. Honestly you can't get any blander than that combo. I seasoned two of the burgers up with Jeff's Texas Rub and two with kosher salt and black pepper(my usual burger seasoning) Then I used my propane grill to cook them. See I didn't even give the burgers a chance to shine with the added benefit of wood and charcoal. The final verdict was UNBELIEVABLE!!! They were some of the bestest, tastiest burgers I've had in a long long time.

I'm including a couple of pics for good measure.

The burgers as you can see - plain janes:
DSC04499.JPG

Seasoned up with Jeff Texas Rub
DSC04500.JPG

and onto the grill:
DSC04502.JPG

Two slices of Swiss, pickles, ketchup, and a tomato: Strong enough flavors to cover a rubs weaknesses.
DSC04507.JPG

Stacked shot: Because it was on the camera:
DSC04504.JPG

Thanks for taking the time. I figured that if Jeff's rub could elevate a plain jane burger to the next level. I can't imagine what it will be like on a brisket, ribs, steak or chicken. I'm TOTALLY IMPRESSED and can't believe it took me this long to try it.

TulsaJeff TulsaJeff I'm truly sorry for not trying your products earlier. They are that good.

Chris

I haven't tried his Texas rub yet, guess I need to

Go for it Adam. Even with the Swiss, tomato, pickles and ketchup, the rubs flavor still shined thru.

Chris

They are good... Heres my results with them...

Reactions: gmc2003
So I received a special care package from an SMF member last week. Whom, I'm not sure wishes to be identified. My bad I forgot to ask. So I'll let them make the decision on whether to reveal themselves or not . Anyway I need to apologize, because I said that I would use the gift last weekend. Well, come to find out the wife was sicker then a dog over the weekend and I caught a mild case of whatever it was on Monday. So that brings us to tonight. I decided to give it the ultimate test, because I kept hearing folks rant and rave about this product.

On to the test:
I picked up a few pre-made non-seasoned 85/15 burgers from the local grocer this afternoon along with some basic store bought rolls. Honestly you can't get any blander than that combo. I seasoned two of the burgers up with Jeff's Texas Rub and two with kosher salt and black pepper(my usual burger seasoning) Then I used my propane grill to cook them. See I didn't even give the burgers a chance to shine with the added benefit of wood and charcoal. The final verdict was UNBELIEVABLE!!! They were some of the bestest, tastiest burgers I've had in a long long time.

I'm including a couple of pics for good measure.

The burgers as you can see - plain janes:
View attachment 647192

Seasoned up with Jeff Texas Rub
View attachment 647193

and onto the grill:
View attachment 647194

Two slices of Swiss, pickles, ketchup, and a tomato: Strong enough flavors to cover a rubs weaknesses.
View attachment 647195

Stacked shot: Because it was on the camera:
View attachment 647196

Thanks for taking the time. I figured that if Jeff's rub could elevate a plain jane burger to the next level. I can't imagine what it will be like on a brisket, ribs, steak or chicken. I'm TOTALLY IMPRESSED and can't believe it took me this long to try it.

TulsaJeff TulsaJeff I'm truly sorry for not trying your products earlier. They are that good.

Chris
Chris, great job on those burgers. I appreciate the kind words about the rub as well!

Reactions: gmc2003 and cutplug
I've been using Jeff's rubs on a regular basis for a couple of years now, have worked well on everything for me Chris, tho on burgers I just go with S&P. I'm seeing price tags of $12-$13 for rubs, Jeff's go good with everything and all the ingredients are in my pantry. Nice burger, even better with caramelized onions, but that's just me i reckon. RAY

I have used Jeff's rubs and BBQ sauce recipes since I came to this site. They are solid. Never once a complaint. That burger looks great. Will have to thaw some burger out for myself now. :emoji_yum:

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: gmc2003
They are good... Heres my results with them...

Fantastic Job Keith
Chris, great job on those burgers. I appreciate the kind words about the rub as well!
Appreciate it Jeff, but thank you for making a great rub. I wanted to see how it would do competing with a bunch of other strong flavors on a single patty. It more then rose to the occasion. I've tried the same experiment with other rubs and they just sort of disappear.

Chris

Good looking burger! And the rub is good too!!

I've been using Jeff's rubs on a regular basis for a couple of years now, have worked well on everything for me Chris, tho on burgers I just go with S&P. I'm seeing price tags of $12-$13 for rubs, Jeff's go good with everything and all the ingredients are in my pantry. Nice burger, even better with caramelized onions, but that's just me i reckon. RAY
Thanks Ray, I like raw onions on my burger, but I didn't have any and forgot to pick one up at the store. I use burgers to experiment with different rubs. If I like the rub, then it moves onto the next protein. In this case the rub is definitely moving up the ladder.
Since I am not a paying member (yet) I guess some rubs are in order! : )
I can tell you from that one buger cutplug, it's worth the money.
Nice! Awesome all around!
Thanks Jed, I really liked the flavor.

Chris

Looks good
Thanks Jim, but this one was all about the rub.
I have used Jeff's rubs and BBQ sauce recipes since I came to this site. They are solid. Never once a complaint. That burger looks great. Will have to thaw some burger out for myself now. :emoji_yum:

JC :emoji_cat:
Appreciate it JC, it's good to see you back posting.
We love Jeff's rub, probably our favorite and definitely used the most! As long as I don't forget and run out without the ingredients to make more.

Ryan
It's on the fast track to becoming the favorite around here also. One or two more tests to go. Thanks Ryan.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky