YARDISTRY 12X16 CEDAR GAZEBO FROM COSTCO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Great Al !!
Take a Well deserved Break!!
Does that roof have much of a pitch, or isn't it needed in FL.
I realize you don't get much "Snow Load" down there.
Nice Job.

Bear
No, we don’t get snow here, reason for the gentle slope is in high winds the air just passes over & under the roof. If it had a steep pitch, it would blow away easier. Now another hail storm, that’s a different story!
Al

Reactions: Bearcarver
Mine is a little different than Al's as mine is a little smaller at 12' x 14'. I know several friends here on Long Island that have had it up for a few years and has held up well with 2'+ snow storms.
I'm not sure of the Size of Bear Jr's, but he has a pretty steep Pitch on his:

Bear
DSCN1583.jpg

Hmmm, on Edit---That's interesting. Makes sense though, about not wanting much pitch because of High Winds.

No way just 2 people could do this no matter how much skill they had...
But what about with a couple come-along's or winches? I'm surprised to not see more ropes, pulleys, levers, and jacks in these assembly pics. But I'm impressed with the muscular strength this apparently involved.
I don't have much overhead strength standing on terra firma; let alone on a ladder. I have to make machines do the work for me.

No way just 2 people could do this no matter how much skill they had. I would think a seasoned crew of 4 could do it in a day. Just removing the plastic from each side of every panel is a chore.

I totally agree!
Al

I'm not sure of the Size of Bear Jr's, but he has a pretty steep Pitch on his:

Bear
View attachment 632182
Hmmm, on Edit---That's interesting. Makes sense though, about not wanting much pitch because of High Winds.
That is very nice, did he make that from scratch. The fireplace is very cool and I like the pond. Is that a natural pond or did he put it in?

Put up that exact one on my in-laws patio last summer. Pretty nice kit. It was pretty much me, my pregnant wife, and two of their teenage nephews (who were about as useful as having an extra thumb most of the time but needed the extra muscle). Picture Lenny from “Of mice and men” but with ADHD and no work ethic and you’re in the ballpark. Took a real long day. If you had a couple handy buddies with their own tools, you could do it in half that or less. You need at least three able bodied folks to get it up. Preferably with some height/strength. You also need a fair amount of room to lay everything out (specifically for assembly of the roof panels after the frame is up). It’s fairly heavy also. You’re not moving it far, if at all, once it’s up.
I don't think 4 big guys could lift it even to move a couple inches. So far it has been stellar in any winds and snow so far.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky