YARDISTRY 12X16 CEDAR GAZEBO FROM COSTCO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’m considering buying the Sams Club or this Costco version myself. I read a ton of reviews on the Sam’s version and people were below away by the difficulty of assembly. Sam’s charges around $600 to set it up for you.

I’m considering buying the Sams Club or this Costco version myself. I read a ton of reviews on the Sam’s version and people were below away by the difficulty of assembly. Sam’s charges around $600 to set it up for you.
I would gladly of paid $600 if that was offered here. Make sure it is the same one, BJ's here had a 12 x 14 but was not nearly the quality as the Costco ones.

Reactions: jcam222
$600, is cheap considering they most likely send out a crew of 2 to 4 guys to get that roof lifted into place. It would be at least a full day for 2 guys and a half day for the 3rd and maybe 4th guy to get the roof up.

You guys did a great job, especially for not being in the trades, as far as I know at least.

Dan.:emoji_thumbsup:

Ours is a 12x16, and that extra 2 feet made the large panels really heavy. Honestly, I would have paid $1000 to have it assembled for me!
But we did get the satisfaction of doing it ourselves! Still have a full days work to finish it up, Hopefully were done today!
Thank you to all my friends for doing some heavy lifting!
9D1F38A9-4C27-4713-88F0-099066425A40.jpeg

Al

Last edited:
$600, is cheap considering they most likely send out a crew of 2 to 4 guys to get that roof lifted into place. It would be at least a full day for 2 guys and a half day for the 3rd and maybe 4th guy to get the roof up.

You guys did a great job, especially for not being in the trades, as far as I know at least.

Dan.:emoji_thumbsup:
No way just 2 people could do this no matter how much skill they had. I would think a seasoned crew of 4 could do it in a day. Just removing the plastic from each side of every panel is a chore.

Great job, I thought you said you still had a full day left? Did you start at 4 am...lol

I thought we did but, I was thinking we would have a lot of trouble with the ridge caps. Especially since one of them was right up against the house (about 2’ out). So we had to bend the ridge clips so we could snap the cap on. Three of them just slid right on. The one against the house took about 20 minutes to get it on. After that easy peasy, and a Bloody Mary at 9:00 AM. And yes Cliff we got up at 4:00 AM, couldn’t sleep! Gonna sleep good tonight!!!!!
Al
It looks great, Al! Well done!!!!!

Thank you!! It was an adventure!
Al

Reactions: mike243
I thought we did but, I was thinking we would have a lot of trouble with the ridge caps. Especially since one of them was right up against the house (about 2’ out). So we had to bend the ridge clips so we could snap the cap on. Three of them just slid right on. The one against the house took about 20 minutes to get it on. After that easy peasy, and a Bloody Mary at 9:00 AM. And yes Cliff we got up at 4:00 AM, couldn’t sleep! Gonna sleep good tonight!!!!!
Al

Thank you!! It was an adventure!
Al
Nice, one of the ridge caps is stuck 1 foot from the top, bent it using a 2 x 4 and hammer trying to go more. We are supposed to have a ton of wind and rain tonight, if does not leak I will leave it. If it does I am going to try and remove it and see what the issue is.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
No way just 2 people could do this no matter how much skill they had. I would think a seasoned crew of 4 could do it in a day. Just removing the plastic from each side of every panel is a chore.
I know for a fact that two quality pieceworkers with the right gear could bang 90% to 100% of one of those out in a day. But quality workers are almost a thing of the past, these days.

Those look awesome both of you did great jobs. They really look nice

Thanks Guys!
Cliff & I are gazebo buds!
It was quite an adventure, but Judy & I are 75 & 76. So if we can put one of these up then anybody can build one. We only needed lifting help twice. One time for about 20 minutes & one time for about 1 hour, although working around 2 to 3 hours a day it took us 12 days to finish it.
Al

Reactions: clifish
Thanks Guys!
Cliff & I are gazebo buds!
It was quite an adventure, but Judy & I are 75 & 76. So if we can put one of these up then anybody can build one. We only needed lifting help twice. One time for about 20 minutes & one time for about 1 hour, although working around 2 to 3 hours a day it took us 12 days to finish it.
Al
And I think the two of you are in better shape than I am and I am 54...lol

Looks Great Al !!
Take a Well deserved Break!!
Does that roof have much of a pitch, or isn't it needed in FL.
I realize you don't get much "Snow Load" down there.
Nice Job.

Bear

Looks Great Al !!
Take a Well deserved Break!!
Does that roof have much of a pitch, or isn't it needed in FL.
I realize you don't get much "Snow Load" down there.
Nice Job.

Bear
Mine is a little different than Al's as mine is a little smaller at 12' x 14'. I know several friends here on Long Island that have had it up for a few years and has held up well with 2'+ snow storms.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky