X-Fire Flamin’ Wings!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
I’m not a SB watcher but do love the meat sales durning the big game, so when I saw these wings @ 80 cents/lb I grabbed 10 lbs worth and a whole bird to round out to selection. Ok this is a lot of chicken!

This is the first time I’ve grilled chicken on the X-Fire so it’s go big or don’t do it at all!!
E3056B30-44E2-4824-85A3-6A2FE95AAC28.jpeg

the SPC bird got a sprinkle of Weber beer can chicken.
256954C2-4CC8-4B74-9329-CE8F59B34F1D.jpeg

the wings got dusted with Big Bald BBQ
BF1A906B-E434-4731-BCBE-388FBF280414.jpeg

The X-Fire Flamin’ with cherry wood.
0CD1FA7D-CDEC-46CF-A898-F0DD9D414128.jpeg

Lowering the grate down in prep for the magic to happen.....rays of flamin’ happiness!
21445C77-7365-401C-94E5-58962B361B05.jpeg

Ok that’s a LOT of chicken! After I got them all in place I raised the grate back up to give them a little smoke while the flames settled down.
7BD85237-7C0A-4A30-A9BD-11C9CD8F03F9.jpeg

Momma Hen nestled in with her baby wings....LOL
05FA2B4D-8A6A-4DC9-952F-F3B63F2B3627.jpeg

Taking a peek.....
76248439-8D71-4B83-A9CF-A82471C4B99A.jpeg

Ok that’s a LOT of chicken! As the flames settled down I lowered the grate down to hover above the coals.
CC8F978B-C11B-4E60-96C6-95F45BF98CED.jpeg

All done! Oh man I’m a happy man!!
346240B1-16E3-43BF-8A07-721BB89778BA.jpeg

I pulled the SPC bird @ IT 140 and put it in the convection oven to finish.....the wife was eating this so needed to have a focused heat to be sure it was done at the same time.
5CC82868-0857-4145-9A91-5DE9C2ECE1C1.jpeg

X-Fire flamed elegance!!!
04FF5743-AB1D-49F3-9CA7-329F9B5E4FE8.jpeg

Chopped smoked chicken thigh chipotle salad
55469C54-1538-41F1-8512-F2475043D4D7.jpeg

X-Fire flamin’ wing money!
8DBE41BE-6B71-48E7-B6FF-95EA9DBD21C4.jpeg

thanks for participating!

WOW!! That chicken looks fabulous even though it looks like they were being cremated. That X-fire is cool!

Yup , looks good . I like the wings whole . That x fire is awesome .

DAMN!! You and that X-Fire are killing me. Every time I see you post something I want one...real bad. Fantastic cook, that's for sure. I'd take a platter full of those wings in a big hurry.

LIKE!!
Robert

Well that explains the lack of chicken parts available around here. Charles Xavier would be proud of that X-fire grill. Chicken looks really good Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

Awesome looking meal! But now not sure what I'm more jealous of...those awesome fires you have or the price of wings... think all ours were over $ 3 / lb

Ryan

WOW!! That chicken looks fabulous even though it looks like they were being cremated. That X-fire is cool!
Thanks Xray....do you have a brother named Xfire....LOL Those cremation pics are the result of a cool LED light, I used a different one than normal......err it robs color! Taking good pics in the dark of night makes for an adventure.

Looks good from here I like that X=Fire
Richie
Thanks Richie! Need something to keep us warm in the snow!

Yup , looks good . I like the wings whole . That x fire is awesome .
Thanks Chop! Whole wings are real wings in my book the others are just parts! I'm please with the x-fire for grilled chicken for sure!

DAMN!! You and that X-Fire are killing me. Every time I see you post something I want one...real bad. Fantastic cook, that's for sure. I'd take a platter full of those wings in a big hurry.

LIKE!!
Robert
Robert, the pics are intended to create joy and happiness, not death....(except for the birds...they be dead!)..... You know the saying though, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!

Thanks!

Well that explains the lack of chicken parts available around here. Charles Xavier would be proud of that X-fire grill. Chicken looks really good Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
Chris that's some funny stuff there! It is a steel beast for sure but it is gentle inside.....

Awesome looking meal! But now not sure what I'm more jealous of...those awesome fires you have or the price of wings... think all ours were over $ 3 / lb

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, $3/lb is usually the price around here as well so I was totally "jazzed" with I saw them, dinner plans changed right on the spot!

Wow Civil, that all looks good!

LIKE!

John
Thanks John! Much appreciated!

Just got to thinking...ouch! Shouldn't do that I know! Even tho our wings here are spendy, awhile back local grocery store had Turkey drumsticks on sale $.99 / lb limit 10 lbs. So i went twice, got 4 drumsticks the first time and 5 the second...they were huge. Gonna have to get them out of freezer and get them smoked real soon

Ryan

Robert, the pics are intended to create joy and happiness, not death....(except for the birds...they be dead!)..... You know the saying though, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!

I understand and intended the "killing me" part with the best of intentions. I just love anything that's creative and different...especially if it's hand made. That X-Fire is one awesome cooker. Make no mistake about it, I'm not at a loss for fun cooking equipment but that thing takes the cake for creative. There's just no way not to love it.

Somewhat envious,
Robert

Just got to thinking...ouch! Shouldn't do that I know! Even tho our wings here are spendy, awhile back local grocery store had Turkey drumsticks on sale $.99 / lb limit 10 lbs. So i went twice, got 4 drumsticks the first time and 5 the second...they were huge. Gonna have to get them out of freezer and get them smoked real soon

Ryan

Turkey drums.....Yum! May I suggest mesquite!

Turkey Wing Drumets Example of what to look forward to.
GodzillaWings.jpeg

I understand and intended the "killing me" part with the best of intentions. I just love anything that's creative and different...especially if it's hand made. That X-Fire is one awesome cooker. Make no mistake about it, I'm not at a loss for fun cooking equipment but that thing takes the cake for creative. There's just no way not to love it.

Somewhat envious,
Robert

Robert...LOL, I fully understand was just "playing the part"! Thanks for the words on the x-fire. It was a huge step in the dark when my son am me embarked on the journey but has been a fun and rewarding journey for sure!!! Lots of LOVE here!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky