Wtf.....over?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nh3b's

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 12, 2008
Nashua, NH
I do a search on a simple subject like.....OAK......nothing comes up......I think Jeff needs to adjust fire....over

Take it easy. Ya been here how long ?

Enjoy the site, Jeff is doing a fine job, as thankless as it is!

Nh3b if you have a question about oak and you cant find it using the search method...by all means ask away and someone will be sure to give you the answer you are looking for. Like dan said...relax!!! Jeff doesnt control the search feature. Now carry on.

For what it is worth, thie search feature on this forum works much better than on other forums I have been a member of. I have seen forums where you put in a really specific search term like "red oak" in quotes and you would likely get some obscure theads on how to smoke a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Just an example of course.

Oh, and while I am at it . . .

Thanks, Jeff for all that you do.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Dave

Im just trying to point out that there may be a fault tin the system or websiite.

Usually when I type a keyword like "oak" in.....all posts containing oak come up highlighted in red.

Now its "sorry, nothing matches your search"

over

OK, since ya done the search, whats the question?
icon_surprised.gif

Well obviously you 2 are not having trouble, as for me, I type "oak" and it tells me, "sorry no matches are found".......I lose......No Prob

Type in "smoking woods". Some times its just how ya word it.

So once again, what did ya want to know about "OAK" anyways?

searching "oak" will not work. the search term must be over 3 characters for Vbulletin's search feature to work. If you search for sources of oak that ship via ups and type in "red oak ups" it will return nothing. It's a truly frustrating limitation sometimes.

This is a sticky from Dutch that oddly enough is in the "Woods for Smoking" forum. Oak gets listed !!!!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=1034

Also here is the part about Oak.

OAK - Heavy smoke flavor--the Queen of smoking wood. RED OAK is good on ribs, WHITE OAK makes the best coals for longer burning. All oak varieties reported as suitable for smoking. Good with red meat, pork, fish and heavy game.

If you have any other questions that would be a good a place to ask them.

This is correct. There is not a minimal criteria but you will at least characters to get any desired results.
The Vbulletin Software manages the search and Jeff really doesn't have much control over it.

It helps to use the search to find buried threads that have good information in them. broaden your search and look around.

If can't an answer then ask the question. either way you'll get the answer you are looking for.

Thanks everyone for explaining that. Over 3 charicters. I never knew that and I was like WTF is going on here??

Now ya see... nh3b's didn't even oficially state his real question and STILL got a ton of info. Ha ha! Just can't go wrong here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky