1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

wsm - cold smoke modifications

Discussion in 'Info and Practices' started by baltic bushman, Dec 2, 2018.

1. my set up to cold smoke bacon, working great so far. I'll post a photo of the end results later
    20181202_105258.jpg

2. That looks FUN! I've wondered about coldsmoking on WSM. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

3. kelbro

kelbro Smoke Blower

Nice! I had considered modding the door for mine to take a mailbox mod type duct like that. Haven't been able to find a sacrificial WSM yet and I'm not paying $35 just for a door!

4. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

That's awesome . What is the bottom part ?

5. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I just use an A-MAZE-N tray burning pellet dust, but could see where your setup has cleaner smoke. I'm watching this!

6. phatbac

phatbac Master of the Pit

Never seen a mod like this for a WSM. i have done cold smoking with my WSM 22 for jerky but i have never tried bacon. i use a small ring of charcoal for a little bit of heat and a AMNPS for smoke. i can cold smoke for 10 hrs at a time with that setup.

Im interested to see how this setup comes out and how well it works!

Happy Smoking,
    phatbac (Aaron)

7. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Very cool idea!
    Al

8. Try Good Will. Every once in a while they'll have a large piece of stainless steel (larger than cookie sheet size) or aluminum cookie sheets come in. You can make a door out of them just for cold smoking.