Would you like a rotisserie specific category added to smoking supplies and equipment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fwismoker, May 16, 2016.

1. Yes I'd like it

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Doesn't matter to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No I get dizzy easy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

If you haven't been involved in  cooking rotisserie foods and want to  know more about it or even  if you have and would like a resource on smoking meat forums to share in  rotisserie cooks and ideas please share your interest.

Rotisserie is getting pretty popular these days and there's a ton of different cookers you can rotisserie on in addition to open fire etc...  There's also new equipment and technology for rotisserie coming out everyday.    I'd like to gauge how much interest there is for a rotisserie specific category.    Thanks for your vote!!!    Now let's get this party started!    [​IMG]  

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. fwismoker

Ok the poll is up and running

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    cats49er likes this.
  3. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

This weekend has literally gone mad for Rotisserie cooking.

In the UK, theres a Facebook forum, and two weeks ago, there was a posf for Chicken Kebab, on a rotisserie. Since then this machine has been like gold dust.

£39.99 ($50.00) from Homebase, similar to your Lowes

4. essexsmoker

essexsmoker Smoke Blower

Bloody hell that is good! Shame they didn't have a lid too. Might have a nose myself. Lol.

5. 12ring

12ring Smoke Blower

I follow your Roti thread all the Time on the brethren forum. Somehow I didn't realize you were on this forum also. I don't always remember the names but Avatars stick in my head. I always notice you here because you and I both have the ND mini's. I notice your Avatar over there because of the girl in green. Lol. I have PM'ed you over there with questions regarding the roti's but still I'm yet to buy one. I want one bad but can't bring myself to pull the trigger on one yet for some reason. Probably because I'm running out of room to store all my smokers, grills and disc's.

Anyway back to your topic. Yes I would like a roti section. I'll vote.

6. mr t 59874

mr t 59874 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Sure, I’ll vote for it. Always open to new ideas and techniques. Going to spin a bird on the infrared this afternoon.

T

Pork roast.

7. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They been sellingout all over the country!

8. gearjammer

gearjammer Master of the Pit

Always interested in messing with something new.

Ed

9. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I grabbed a generic/universal roti-ring kit with counter-balance (nice to have) for my Weber 18 OTG about 7 months ago. Best $100 I ever spent (@ Amazon), and my favorite method for birds, bar none. Not a perfect fit with the Weber, but gaps between the ring and fire-bowl can be closed-up with foil. Charcoal fire and wood smoke with a rotisserie...how could it possible get any better? And, I can fit 2 yard-birds on one spit in the little 18 if they're under 9-10lbs total weight. I know where one of my next Thanksgiving birds are coming from...it should handle close to 12lbs and still have enough clearance for the lid and fire.

Got my vote. I'd like to see a roti-head forum to share our meals, too.

Hey, Tom, nice looking pork! Gotta do some hunks of meat on mine, too. There's nothing quite like that crispy, crunchy, golden-brown, slightly charred crust on nice pork or beef roast...gets me into that primal-mode of cooking and eating (simple, but, oh so satisfying). Don't forget to save the drippings for sauce/gravy.

Eric

10. delbbq

delbbq Fire Starter

Great Idea..!! Smoking..Grilling..Deep Fried..Most of us love them all..!!

11. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sure why not,I don't have a rotisserie but my neighbor does 

Richie

12. hank2000

hank2000 Smoking Fanatic

Got my vote

13. I just bought a rotisserie for my Webber kettle I have never used one before so I would love to see a section on it

14. mr t 59874

Eric, thanks, spinners make cooking so easy and that's the direction I've been heading lately.

T

15. smokinadam

smokinadam Smoking Fanatic

Yes! This was dinner last night.

16. fwismoker

Take your time on picking out what you want but if you have a kettle, WSM or something similar that's a good place to start.  Go Irish!!!
    That looks like a good looking bird Tom!   Where's the sweet corn? [​IMG]

17. Glad this Roti section is set up. Took one of my very old weber grills and ripped out all the gas pipe and knobs. Put a grate off the bottom inside, added a rotisserie and it works great. We do chickens on it all the time, with wood and coals offset to one side. We use Costco's organic chickens. Once I put a chuck steak and chicken on the same spit.

18. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I want a Minitisserie section!!!!

19. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Maybe a sub section

Richie

20. mr t 59874

Most likely in your back yard, certainly none around here.

T