Worst Beer…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for watered down beer when there are sooooo many good beers on the market. That"s all.

Ridiculous prices? I'm not sure about your state, but here I can get a 12 pack of PBR or Narragansett pounders for under 10.00. I've seen folks at the cash registrar pay upwards of 20.00 for a four pack of some tutti-fruity beer.

Chris

Light beer never did anything to me. It just (in my opinion) does not taste like beer. If I want water, I will drink water.

I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for watered down beer when there are sooooo many good beers on the market. That"s all.

John

I obviously am just kidding with ya. Nothing wrong with preferring heavier beers with more flavor. Everything is ridiculous priced nowadays. I used to drink a lot of craft beers but cant stomach paying $15+ for a 6 pack anymore.

Reactions: smokeonthewater1069
Ridiculous prices? I'm not sure about your state, but here I can get a 12 pack of PBR or Narragansett pounders for under 10.00.

IMO I think PBR, Rolling Rock, and Yeungling are great choices for full flavor domestic beer with a reasonable price tag. Never seen Narragansett down south.

I obviously am just kidding with ya. Nothing wrong with preferring heavier beers with more flavor. Everything is ridiculous priced nowadays. I used to drink a lot of craft beers but cant stomach paying $15+ for a 6 pack anymore.
I have to agree on the prices. I’m paying $16-$24 for a 4pk. I spend about &500 a month on craft. I Ike to visit breweries. Mostly good crowds and nice atmosphere. But I do most of my drinking at home.

I have to agree on the prices. I’m paying $16-$24 for a 4pk. I spend about &500 a month on craft. I Ike to visit breweries. Mostly good crowds and nice atmosphere. But I do most of my drinking at home.
What IPA’s would you recommend that are fairly national. I’d be game for a 2 week challenge drinking 2-4 IPAs instead of the normal 4-8 Busch Lattes. Weekends will probably still be blue yum yums but I don’t mind the flavor of IPA . If I could be converted than anyone can because I am pretty loyal to the blue and silver cans.

Ridiculous prices? I'm not sure about your state, but here I can get a 12 pack of PBR or Narragansett pounders for under 10.00. I've seen folks at the cash registrar pay upwards of 20.00 for a four pack of some tutti-fruity beer.

Chris
Guilty! I once paid $26 for a 4 pack. I am also quite content drinking Costco's Kirkland vodka that was at one point $11.99 per 1.75 ltr.

What IPA’s would you recommend that are fairly national. I’d be game for a 2 week challenge drinking 2-4 IPAs instead of the normal 4-8 Busch Lattes. Weekends will probably still be blue yum yums but I don’t mind the flavor of IPA . If I could be converted than anyone can because I am pretty loyal to the blue and silver cans.
I find that most loyal Bud, Coors Lite or Busch boys will always be true to their beers. And that’s fine. There are so many great choices out there. And if they still don’t care for the hoppier taste that’s fine. I have several friends who don’t care for craft. Growing up I just never really cared for those. I was 15 when I had my first beer experience and it was Bud. I threw up all over the place. Lol. Good memories for sure.
Nodak21 Nodak21 where do live? There’s got to be some micro breweries near you. Some good and some probably not as good. I’m is Southern California. Orange County specifically. I have several great choices. I might be able help steer you in the right direction. And it doesn’t have to be an IPA’. There’s a lot of great hoppy lagers and pils. Also LPA (Lager Pale Ales).

I am near Grand Forks, ND. There are a few micro brews popping up in the area but not a lot. The local liquor store has a huge selection of canned and bottled beers from all over the USA

Im not sure who made it but years back in the 70s or early 80s when i worked as a meat mgr in iowa we sold a beer in a white can and all the can said was " beer " . Not good at all but it was cheap .
Yeah, that was when a lot of the stores didn't have their own brands like the do now and they just sold under the generic brand. There were lots of products that sold that way. Remember trying the generic individually wrapped cheese slices. They were horrible. At that time I was too young to buy beer.

Taste of beers is a personal preference...same as taste of smoke flavor and how much of it you prefer. I used to be a big beer drinker... now more of a whiskey fan. So maybe instead of downgrading other beers as crap you could just be respectful of what others like. I also like wine and scotch...care to put them down as crap also?

Ryan

Wine! I’ve had some good and some lousy wines,you probably could start a whole new thread with wine!
I do like the 750 ml single serving sizes though

Taste of beers is a personal preference...same as taste of smoke flavor and how much of it you prefer. I used to be a big beer drinker... now more of a whiskey fan. So maybe instead of downgrading other beers as crap you could just be respectful of what others like. I also like wine and scotch...care to put them down as crap also?

Ryan
100% agree, If you want a meister-piss go for it. When people are over I will have from Michelob Ultra up to a triple IPA on ice. Multiple kinds of wine and usually a good selection of Gin, Vodka etc...Hell I even stock a 1.75 ltr Woodford reserve for our friends that we frequently gather with.

San Miguel in the Philippines. There was always a "treat" inside at the bottom of the beer. What is was is still unknown to this day. We were so drunk that it was irrelevant at the time..:emoji_tired_face:
Maybe a Worm, that didn't quite make the Tequila Cut?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky