Worst Beer…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
07B9820A-1938-4174-956B-2BA7D54AA0F8.jpeg
F2107F71-9E5E-4A56-8BA2-0CB91BF62407.jpeg

Reactions: TH-n-PA
I had a banana bread beer one time. Well, actually, a sip of a banana bread beer. Gross.

I'm an IPA fan- it's my go to style. But why all the light beer bashing?! On a hot day in the yard, a bunch of Miller Lites in the cooler can be a really great day.
Have to half agree here. I’m a certified ipa (west coast/hazy). But on a hot day outside or in I like to indulge in a good lager/pils. Miller is not one of them. Like IPA’s, there’s a lot more good to great craft lagers/pilsners out there. Drink craft, not crap.

Im not sure who made it but years back in the 70s or early 80s when i worked as a meat mgr in iowa we sold a beer in a white can and all the can said was " beer " . Not good at all but it was cheap .

Those are not beers. Water with crap in it.
It’s hard to take beer opinions from people like you seriously. You might think Coors and Bud are “crap” but they sell more “crap” than all of your IPA’s combined. I don’t mind A craft beer now and again but I would like to see someone drink 12-24 of them like I enjoy busch light on a hot day or on the lake. You would either have a terrible belly ache or be sitting on the can all night. That much guiness in your guts would turn to concrete.. lol

It’s hard to take beer opinions from people like you seriously. You might think Coors and Bud are “crap” but they sell more “crap” than all of your IPA’s combined. I don’t mind A craft beer now and again but I would like to see someone drink 12-24 of them like I enjoy busch light on a hot day or on the lake. You would either have a terrible belly ache or be sitting on the can all night. That much guiness in your guts would turn to concrete.. lol
Oh IDK I could probably put down a dozen IPA's .....might not be conscious after that ...lol

Reactions: bigfurmn
Oh IDK I could probably put down a dozen IPA's .....might not be conscious after that ...lol
Haha!! Good point. I was thinking more like those peanut butter, coffee, cut with a butter knife beers. I don’t mind them, but I think anything more than about a Blue Moon is pretty darn strong!! Lol - I could just be a beer wimp now that I think about it

Haha!! Good point. I was thinking more like those peanut butter, coffee, cut with a butter knife beers. I don’t mind them, but I think anything more than about a Blue Moon is pretty darn strong!! Lol - I could just be a beer wimp now that I think about it
yeah, stouts and those funky heavy ones do nothing for me. I do like the hazy-juicy ones for the first few then I move on to Mich Ultra or even a spiked seltzer until I drift to the vodka drinks

I think the state beverage of ND is Busch Light, but there are getting to be more craft brews in the bigger towns
That is why bud, bud light types have been tailing off in sales the last bunch of years. Don't get me wrong they still outsell the craft brews 50-1 but they are still shrinking market share.

Reactions: Nodak21
Of course I don’t drink 12-24 cans of IPA’s in a sitting. I like to have anywheres from 2-4 16oz cans of IPA’s and sometimes lagers/pils. You’d have to be crazy to drink and try to enjoy that many IPA’s In a day. Now Busch or other crap beers I can understand. Before I got into craft I was drinking 12-24 bottles/cans a day. I would just feel so bloated and full after 10. And your just pissing all that watered down beer all day long. Plus putting on more calories while drinking. I enjoy the flavors coming out of my IPA’s and sure you can get a whole lot more flavors from the craft pilsners and lagers these days. And no preservatives you get from Coors, Bud and the others. If you enjoy your Busch or other beers then so be it. I don’t get the headaches and hangovers I use to get from drinking crap beers. It’s been 13+ years since my last hangover. I feel better overall from drinking good beers. If I were to drink 12-24 bottles a day I would gain a lot of weight also. I drink everyday and my weight has not increased. I’m not skinny or average but I haven’t gained any in the last 15 years. And of course the Big 3 will always outsell the craft industry stuff. That’s a no brainer. But their sales have gone south in the last 10+ years. Sure the shelves are overwhelmed with all the craft cans in the cooler. Which ones should I try? Some are not as good as others. If your a die hard Busch/Bud/Coors kind of guy there are some really good hoppy lagers and pilsners out there that’s a lot better in taste. But if your not looking for taste then by all means drink what you like.
I will add that I was never into Bud or the others back in the days (70’s-80’s). Our go to beers were Michelob, Lowenbrau and imports. Yes of course we drank the other stupid stuff but only as last resort.

I don't care for IPA's but that is a personal preference.

Some really bad beers I've had:
Billy Beer
Texas Pride
M*A*S*H
Meister Brau

Yes I'm old and I'm sure there are more but my memory fails me at the moment.

You all can say what you wish regarding the national sales figures of light beers, but in my opinion, light beer is not beer.

Nothing but a marketing ploy of the major brewing companies to sell watered down "beer" at a premium price.

They are all terrible, except perhaps for Amstel Light which I believe was the original one made many years ago.

So there,

John

You all can say what you wish regarding the national sales figures of light beers, but in my opinion, light beer is not beer.

Nothing but a marketing ploy of the major brewing companies to sell watered down "beer" at a premium price.

They are all terrible, except perhaps for Amstel Light which I believe was the original one made many years ago.

So there,

John

Oh come on now what did light beer ever do to you? 😂

Oh come on now what did light beer ever do to you? 😂
Light beer never did anything to me. It just (in my opinion) does not taste like beer. If I want water, I will drink water.

I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for watered down beer when there are sooooo many good beers on the market. That"s all.

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky