Work day Tri Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
One of the perks about working from home is I can fire up the smoker whenever I get the urge. Got a really nice Tri tip the other day that I was going to cook for dinner. Couldn’t wait so I cooked it for lunch!

Fired up the 14” WSM. Went low and slow @ 250° with KBB and a chunk of cherry wood.
Pulled at 130°. Let it rest 45 minutes while I roasted some beets and steamed the beet greens.

1D867ACB-1BC6-45D5-83E7-49B3B894BFBA.jpeg

438882D4-8EF6-4AC8-938C-E17B4FE18235.jpeg

38D48985-4C35-44D4-9A28-C2B7EEDAFDC0.jpeg

Nice! Gotta love the classic Tri-tip, it’s still my favorite go-to red meat! Beautiful job! Those beets look real tasty too!

Looks beautiful! Think it would be nap at home time after lunch!

Ryan

That is a fine looking TT Case!
You guys on the left coast are so lucky to be able to get them at a decent price. Last one I bought was $8.99 lb. I haven’t checked lately, meat is just too expensive to even look at, unless it’s something on sale!
Al

That is a fine looking TT Case!
You guys on the left coast are so lucky to be able to get them at a decent price. Last one I bought was $8.99 lb. I haven’t checked lately, meat is just too expensive to even look at, unless it’s something on sale!
Al
Oh boy I wish I could get them that cheap stilll! Last two have been around $15 per pound and going up.

Great looking tritip. and plate. Of course I'd be right there with skeleton guy ready to go to town.
Jim

Looks good Case!! I gave up trying to get a deal for them. They’re $17/lb here, they could pound sand for that price.

That meat is so perfectly Cooked as to be used as the pictorial Definition of Medium Rare!... JJ

Looks great, nice lunch. We love working from home, it has allowed us to really cook during the week and cook much healthier. I am down 30lbs, wife is down 25, my diabetes A1C is just about to dip below 6 and am starting to get off the meds.

Getting 2 tri tips untrimmed this sat, so want to try it brisket style.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky