woody from Pittsburgh,PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woody2140

Original poster
Dec 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello all my name is Keith. joined the forum last week and am just now getting a chance to really look around. Just purchased a 30" MES. so far have done Deer jerky, hard boiled eggs, and one failed attempt at a porkloin.

found some interesting stuff in here already and always looking for some more, especially recipes. thanks to all.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Keith to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Go GATORS  

Hello Keith, and welcome to the SMF. Keep reading and you'll notice that your smokes and Q's will be getting better as you go along. It's all good my friend.

Welcome Keith, Read Read Read....and do the E-Course I just finished chapter 4 and it explains a lot about smoking. What happened with the porkloin?

thanks guys, i have been reading all morning. as for the porkloin, i put water in my pan and really didn't get any nice bark on the meat, it is still edible though. i cooked it on 225 for about 2 hours only adding chips once. should i add more chips when doing a loin?

Welcome aboard! Im about an hour north of you guys around New Castle. Woody, anything you would ever want to know about anything smoking is in here. Have fun!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky