Wood chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

voldaddy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Where do you guys buy your wood chips for your MES? I buy them currently at Ace Hardware. They have hickory, maple, apple, Jack Daniels, etc...

I saw some on eBay for sale.

Just curious.

Thanks.

There is a grill/pool store locally that has lots of different chips, pellets and chunks like apple, hickory, maple, oak, cherry, pecan and I think I saw grapevine the last time I was there. Not cheap but they have a selection.

I am still working on a bag of hickory chunks that I had my wife buy at Publix supermarket. For basic hickory really anywhere you get a good price.

You guys are lucky. Here in SJ they have hickory and mesquite, and one time I was lucky enough to find apple. Have heard someplace has cherry but they sell out quick.

Not in Knoxville, I'm in N GA, about 10 minutes from Chattanooga.

I saw them on eBay, and wondered if anyone has ordered from there. They also have pellets and sawdust for sale.

I paid $2.29 for a 1.5# bag of hickory chips from Weber yesterday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky