Wonder Which Bread recipe would....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Mel, Other cheeses like Mozzarella the curd is coagulated with Rennet, leaving a still useful Whey that then can be reheated and with the addition of an Acid will form the fine Curds of Riccotta. Unfortunately taking Milk heating it and adding Acid leaves a Whey that is spent. It is really just sour salty water at this point. 

The Culinary Institute of America's Textbook...The Professional Chef is a great one. It is written for student learning to be Pros so it has Chef and Restaurant history along with info on equipment and so on. When it comes to food stuffs it assumes you know Nothing so it goes into details about everything useful. 

On Cooking:  A Text Book of Culinary Fundamentals is another good one and what I taught out of. Similar layout, but 3X the price.

Have fun and feel free to PM a question anytime...JJ

As Promised to Lady Mel and others.  I did make 2 King Cakes yesterday.  Found a recipe that sounded really good and not too hard.  I want to change up some things....like add twice the amount of filling required...but I always try a new recipe the way it's written the 1st time...then change it to my tastes the next one.  Here goes!

Dough is made and it's in the oven with the light on...for the 1st rise.

The recipe said to make 2...this is the second one.  There needs to be more filling...but 1st shot...here we go!

Here are the 2 King Cakes to-be

Here they are again with cuts made into the dough for steam to escape and now for another 1 hour rise.

They didn't rise that much...but this is before the oven

35 minutes at 375 degrees and I see where I made some boo-boos...But Who cares...my 1st time.

Here the 1st one is all pretty. 

Here is the 2nd one...and its pretty too.  Boo-boos and all.

Tasted great....just still going to double the amount of the filling next time.  This recipe would make great rolls or cinnamon rolls too.

Let me know what yall think!  I know where I made mistakes...but it tasted good and that is what counts!

Kat

Last edited:
Well it looks like ya`ll done good with this project..Now where is the beads ????
77.gif
   Now try my Praline recipe.....

Well it looks like ya`ll done good with this project..Now where is the beads ????
77.gif
   Now try my Praline recipe.....
I had/have beads hanging on my French Quarter Picture in the Dining Room...they had a lot of dust on them....should have put it on them.  LOL

Oh yes...would love to have a new praline recipe.  Mine stinks!  Have tried and tried and they are always gritty.  Is yours the creamy ones or the real ones?

Looks excellent Kat, I bet it did taste good!

Here's Roller's pralines.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/113274/creole-goodness
His look perfect, like they could be hanging out in Aunt Sally's window.

I do have some nice Mardi Gras beads hanging off the curtains in my bedroom!
Queen of Hearts:

NOLA Saints- the football beads are so cute!

Ok Roller, I showed my beads, now you gotta show your boobies! ;p

LMBO!!!!!! Thank you Lady Mel. My grand daughter had mine this weekend too. I don't know where the ended up.gotta get mine back on the frame. I have masks and beads at the shop too. Gonna pull them out soon!

I got the recipe...and commented so it could be new again. :yahoo:

Looks excellent Kat, I bet it did taste good!

Here's Roller's pralines.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/113274/creole-goodness

His look perfect, like they could be hanging out in Aunt Sally's window.

I do have some nice Mardi Gras beads hanging off the curtains in my bedroom!

Queen of Hearts:

NOLA Saints- the football beads are so cute!

Ok Roller, I showed my beads, now you gotta show your boobies! ;p
Your a funny girl I am old remember !!!!!

Oh, you dog gone show off!

Those look sooooo delicious!

Did you rub em down with that mustard in the picture? Looks like creole mustard... I bet that would work real good, a little horseradish, mmmMmmm.

Jeepers, look at all those peepers!

Dave, that is a mask worthy of showing off.

And if you make fishing lures out of that, I will help your wife whoop your butt!

OMG!  That mask is gorgeous!  I would whup your butt too is you used that for fishing lures. 

Here is my piece of the "home land" in my house.  Part in the Dining room and the other in my kitchen.

On the wall above the dining room table

My Kitchen...a place of Honor...with my Mama's Rolling pin

I didn't know what a King cake was yesterday and today (thanks to Kat and Mel) I done seen two!!!!

Very nice ladies!

Bill
Bill....they are soooo good.  Find one and buy it...and let Steph and the kids try it.  No hogging all of it! 

Cool story and shrine with the rollin' pin Lady Kat!

My MIL has a bunch of Gulf Shores Shrimp Festival posters lining the hallway that leads to the game room.

We're planning on going to Orange Beach this year. Looking at 5BR condos (with a kitchen!!) to sleep 11 adults, and 3 children.

Oh, you dog gone show off!

Those look sooooo delicious!

Did you rub em down with that mustard in the picture? Looks like creole mustard... I bet that would work real good, a little horseradish, mmmMmmm.
Yes I did and yes it is and I used some Slap Ya Mama  Cajun seasoning on top of that...I do not like sweet ribs...and thank you for the complement..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky