Tx Smoker Inspired Enchiladas (venison) for the guys @ the firehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So...major shake up in personnel staffing at the stations. My guys got moved from the new station to the old station in the old part of town (built in the 1950's). The amenities are lacking, but the appliances have been updated. Took forever to cook the yellow rice because one of the A/C vents in the kitchen blows down on the stove. This blew the heat out from under the pot when on low. I thought the rice was cooking and it was not....in a mad scramble to save the rice, I forgot about the enchiladas in the oven so though not burnt, they are a little over done....more so than my liking. No complaints from the guys though.

Venison enchiladas, enchilada sauce, black beans with cajun tasso, mexican yellow rice, and we had churros for dessert.

IMG_20230918_183528.jpg

IMG_20230918_174451.jpg

I wouldn’t refuse that meal. Looks fantastic Kieth. You are a patriot helping those firefighters. And I know your flavor profiles are legit. Nice work for sure.

Good looking meal Inda. I bet the boy at the fire house appreciated it.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky