Wireless Thermometers

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by teach, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Hello all,

I have been thinking of getting a wireless meat thermometer. I was wondering if you all could give me some suggestions of affordable options.

Thanks,

Teach

2. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

3. tromaron

tromaron Meat Mopper

What Todd said x10! 

4. Ya what they said i got one a month ago i love it.

5. Can you run multiples units of the maverick so I could have them in 3 or 4 pieces of meat or would I need to get a second brand so the signals will not cross talk?

6. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You have to sync them up and you can use multiples

TJ

7. Looks like Maverick is the next thing on my list.

Thanks all

8. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You wont be sorry

9. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have one on order too!

10. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

11. I just got an ET-73 for about 36 bucks on amazon. Works good as the thermometer on the lid of my Masterbuilt 7in1 is way off,reads really low.

12. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

The ET-732 is the upgrade model of the ET-73 either 1 is a good unit. The ET732 has many improved features. for the 20 or so bucks difference I'd get the ET-732

13. So...  If I wanted to run multiple Thermometers, how would I go about Syncing them up?

For that matter, how can I go about ordering extra thermometers?  Do I have to buy Multiple SETS, or can you buy the thermometers separately?  I see lots of options to buy new sets of probes... But not many to buy new Thermometer Transmitters themselves.

Thanks!

14. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

You just sync them up one at a time. Once they are synced to one receiver they won't sync to another one.

15. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Contact Todd - He is a Maverick Dealer and can answer all your questions 

16. I may have to get one of those too.  I've been smoking for a couple of months and I'm on my 3rd thermometer.  The cheap ones are exactly that!

17. russg

russg Fire Starter

If you have an Iphone or Ipad the iGrill is great it has two thermometers and coking trmp and time settings.

I am going to use one on the pork butt this weekend.

18. I have an ET 73 that works great.  I recently found a mod that increases range that I may do this weekend.  Basically it just adds an antenna.

19. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

If your talking about the wire added ... i did mine... didn't help mine any... dunno If the wires were not exactly the right length or what... but no help for mine

20. I just ordered the Maverick last week and can't wait til it gets here. I messed around with 3 cheaper thermometers and hated them. I should have gotten one of these to begin with. Everybody I've talked to has had only good things to say about them.