Wireless Thermometer for rotisserie cooking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

freeboro

Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
NW Pennsylvania
My father and I do a lot of cooking on a rotisserie or spit.  Everything from chickens (up to 48 at once), lamb, turkeys, & a number of pigs.  After looking into some thermometers for my smoker set up, I was thinking of how nice it would be to have a thermometer that had a truly wireless probe so that we could jam it in the ham of a hog or into a chicken or turkey while they were on the spit and leave it with a programmed alert to let us know when it reached the correct temp.  

All of the "wireless" thermometers I've seen online appear to have a probe that is wired to some sort of unit that sends the info to a wireless receiver.  Are there any wireless probe models that anyone is aware of?  The wired probe would be a bit of a pain to use in a rotisserie / spit set up.

Thanks for the help!

Adam

none that i have found all have a wire going to a sending unit.if they do have one i bet it would be very costly.now in the future .........maybe

icon_cool.gif

Now I have never seen a probe thermo that didn't have a wire. It's like wireless speakers that I bought. They didn't need a wire to the receiver but they needed a power source "a wire" but who knows.

One would never give you accurate temps for 48 chickens. What kind of smoker do you have? I ran a BBQ joint 32 years ago and we never went by temp just feel. But that was 32 years ago.
rolleyes.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky