Winter time griddle in garage?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Haha thanks guys. I figured it be fine I just wanted to double check. Flat top will be a game changer for this winter.

How many have gas furnaces and water heaters in the garage or basement?

Well, they have exhausts venting to the outside. But I get your point. I won't use mine indoors because the cart I built ways a ton! As long as it is burning the gas properly you shouldn't have any issues.

I use mine in garage all the time. I usually just keep the service door open.
I use mine in the garage probably 85% of the time, Love how it makes the garage smell.
Anyone use their griddle in the garage? Now that winter is here I have moved it inside and have thought about cooking in my garage. Anyone seem any health hazards there? I’d imagine it’s no different that a gas stove?

[/QUI use mine in the garage probably 85% of the time, Love how it makes the garage smell.OTE]

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I bought a 22" electric for in the house that works really good for when it to hot outside. Mine is a Venor but they all look like made the same. Can be had for $115. Search Electric Countertop Flat Top Griddle 110V 3000W Non-Stick Stainless if interested. Nice having every thing handy in the house.

Attachments

• 1642030821167.png
    1642030821167.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 7
Garage? We roll ours into the house.
Now before the Karens spout off about oxygen depletion, how many have gas cook tops? How many have gas furnaces and water heaters in the garage or basement?
View attachment 518097
WRONG!!!
The worry about using LPG indoors isn't depleting the O2 as much as it is causing Carbon Monoxide poisoning. You are putting your entire family at risk including your pets, not a smart move, man!!!

There is a reason they don't sell indoor LPG heater, it's because they need to have a fresh air vent to draw in fresh O2 and a flew pipe to vent out the carbon monoxide.

If you're going to continue to do this, I highly recommend buying a carbon monoxide detector and setting it on your kitchen counter while you're using the griddle. Personally, I'd never take the chance, it's just not worth it.

I highly recommend anyone using these griddles indoors to buy one of these, CO poisoning is no joke.

Tell that to all the companies selling ventless LP gas logs.
Ventless gas logs are only to be used in ventless fireplaces all ventless fireplaces come with oxygen depletion sensors (ODS) that will shut off the unit should oxygen reach an unsafe level.

Mr Heater Buddy LP heaters also have the oxygen depletion sensors (ODS) that will shut off the unit should oxygen reach an unsafe level.

I'd still buy one of these CO detectors to be safe.

Reactions: jcam222
I get what you're saying now, but to say that they don't make ventless indoor LP gas heaters is false. Even NG ventless appliances have oxygen depletion sensors built in.

Look, I'm absolutely not saying that one shouldn't take care when using gas appliances indoors, but as long as the proper precautions are taken, there is nothing wrong with using them

I had a good friend die in his sleep the night of his bachelor party from using an LP lantern to heat the inside of his camper shell, he thought if he cracked a window that he would be safe. He got really drunk and decided to escape to his camper shell, it was a horrible deal that I will never forget as long as I live.
Don't overthink it, buy the $25 CO sensor if you are going to risk it. By the time you feel the effects CO poisoning, it's often too late.

As you can see, there is good reason for me to harp on people about the dangers of CO poisoning.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I get what you're saying now, but to say that they don't make ventless indoor LP gas heaters is false. Even NG ventless appliances have oxygen depletion sensors built in.

Look, I'm absolutely not saying that one shouldn't take care when using gas appliances indoors, but as long as the proper precautions are taken, there is nothing wrong with using them
A Blackstone does not have an oxygen depletion sensors as far as I know, either does a turkey burner, pellet grill or an LP BBQ grill.

Spent a few night on top of a hill out in the Mojave at the national Training Center for desert warfare at fort Irvin California once doing overwatch. Was raining and cold as hell. We backed out three humvees in together and built a shelter in the middle using the exhaust as heat. Just made sure one guy stayed awake. And hey we all survived. Sure we developed some health problems down the road but we made carbon monoxide our bitch lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TH-n-PA and DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky