Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

soonerprices

Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Of all the things I have smoked with my MES chicken has been the most impressive.  

Has anyone smoked wings then breaded them and deep fried them?

I've seen it on TV and they say it's good, but normally just toss mine in whatever sauce I want and then finish them in either the oven or grill to crisp up the skin. 

I personally had the great fortune of sharing a meal with ChefRob earlier this year where he smoked the wings and then deep fried them. What an awesome meal. The answer to your question is yes you can do that and it is amazing  

Last edited:
Would you fully cook them in the smoker or just give them a good smoke and finish them in the fry oil?

I would give them a good smoke and finish in the fryer immediately.  As these will not be fully cooked will have to keep in mind not to keep it in the danger zone too long by smoking early and leaving time pass before frying. 

I smo-fry all the time. I usually smoke fpr 1.5 hrs the batter and fry

Of all the things I have smoked with my MES chicken has been the most impressive.  

Has anyone smoked wings then breaded them and deep fried them?
And then toss them in melted butter and chili powder yummy

sausage.gif

I have smoked mine many times but I have never deep fried them at the end to crisp them up. I have been waiting to try that exact thing so you need to give it a try. I love having that little crisp on the outside.

I'm going to do this. I make a homemade chili powder and it has some kick. How long for the wings in the smoke and how long in the fry?

I don't see a problem with that.  I'm not sure about the breading tho, cause I was thinking about Buffalo Wings.

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky