Wings on the Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 7, 2015
New Orleans LA
I kettle cooked some wings tonight with the Vortex. Dusted with smoked ghost pepper and salt.
stubbs.jpg

Tossed in some Stubbs wicked habanero wing sauce with some seasoned fries.
wing plate.jpg

I'm saving the 150 year Tabasco sauce for something special!

Mike

Wings + Kettle + Vortex = meal fit for a king. You can't beat that formula.

Point for sure.

Chris

Wow those wings look YUMMY! I have a bottle of Tobasco 150 as well. I pour a little on a spoon and have it straight - it is FABULOUS and you reayy get the cool nuances of the peppers and a distinct flavor that only a long age can bring. it is steallar stuff if you want flavor insterad of just brutality.

Like!

I almost did wings last weekend - now definitely doing them this weekend!

Wings + Kettle + Vortex = meal fit for a king. You can't beat that formula.

Point for sure.

Chris

Wow those wings look YUMMY! I have a bottle of Tobasco 150 as well. I pour a little on a spoon and have it straight - it is FABULOUS and you reayy get the cool nuances of the peppers and a distinct flavor that only a long age can bring. it is steallar stuff if you want flavor insterad of just brutality.
Yep! Wings are awesome! I still haven't even tasted the aged Tabasco. I also got some Tabasco Scorpion sauce as a B'day gift. I haven't tried that either...:eek:

Mike

Wings look great. Love the vortex.

Tell more about the 150 year old sauce?

Nice wings Mike, gotta love the kettle/vortex combo! Best wings I've ever eaten tossed in Owens Buffalo Wing seasoning. Curious bout the 150 yr sauce as well!

My better half gave me a Tabasco gift for my B'day. The Tabasco company is celebrating 150 year anniversary. It is a limited edition of the sauce, with a special mash of aged peppers, and sparkling white wine vinegar. The peppers aren't 150 yrs old :eek:. I am a huge Tabasco fan and want to treat it right.

Mike

Reactions: bdskelly
Always been a fan of Tobasco Mike. A number of years back I took a tour of the plant on Avery Island. I was amazed at the work that goes into making that lil bitty bottle of sauce. Picking the peppers that are just the right red color, packing in barrels, salt on top, fermenting in a salt mine, and squishing them into the best hot sauce in the world. ... I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. B

My better half gave me a Tabasco gift for my B'day. The Tabasco company is celebrating 150 year anniversary. It is a limited edition of the sauce, with a special mash of aged peppers, and sparkling white wine vinegar. The peppers aren't 150 yrs old :eek:. I am a huge Tabasco fan and want to treat it right.

Mike

Yes 100% it is the 150th anniversary sauce. Some of the peppers used in it have been aged as long as 15 years, a very long time to age peppers but the sauce in the botttle is not 150 years old... It really is fantastic, it is expensive but not so crazy you can't try a bottle. If 35 bucks is too steep for you you can go for the Family Reserve at 10. It is also very good.

https://countrystore.tabasco.com/TA...-Diamond-Reserve-Red-Sauce/productinfo/00150/

https://countrystore.tabasco.com/TABASCOsupreg_sup-Family-Reserve-Pepper-Sauce/productinfo/03465/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky