WINGS bacon wrapped and smothered in cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
made some wings for the game yesterday

First added a nice coating of spicy jerk, Emerils bayou blast, and some Badia,   then off to the grill 

I wanted to add smoke,    so this cast iron container and some mesquite chips

put these directly on the briquetts over the burner so they get hot enough to smolder

I cooked the wings 5 minutes each side to get them partially cooked, then wrapped with bacon and back on the grill for another 5 minutes each side until bacon is crispy

My helper is looking ready for a snack 

Got some nice smoke rolling out 

after the bacon is crispy then cover with some wing sauce and back on the grill to heat through

Final step was to add cheese,    back on the grill until melted

and the finished product,     better get some napkins ready

what could be better?   football, wings a cold one and SMF on the tablet

I added some Carribean Curry scotch bonnet pepper  for some nice heat

the wings were good      but the gator game not so good

thanks for looking

I thought they looked familiar...They are similar to your 12/11 Throwdown entry. Which do you like better?...JJ

I thought they looked familiar...They are similar to your 12/11 Throwdown entry. Which do you like better?...JJ
these were much hotter spice wise so I enjoyed these more

I got the Idea from a video i watched from a great bbq website (which i cant mention here.)   

DADGUM brother.  I think you have all the food groups there: chicken, bacon, cheese, and beer!  Too bad no Gator!
ROFLMAO..... It thought that exact same thing before I saw your post!

Those look GUD good!

Sorry 'bout dem Gators, but they should know better than to brought themselves down to south Louisiana without Tebow.

GEAUX Gators........ Next week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky