Winging it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

EvenFlow87k

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 27, 2021
My bride went to the store to see what would "inspire" her for supper. So we ended up with chicken wings. One group with Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk and one with Great Value Buffalo Wing seasoning.

The prep.
20210819_175152.jpg

The setup. 250° with Cherry chips.
20210819_180124.jpg

The goods.
20210819_193439.jpg

We had some spectacular wings, but pretty ho-hum on the sides. I was also roasting my first batch of coffee at the same time.

Thanks for taking a look,
Jeremy

Thanks! That Walkerswood is spicy, but so darn good!

Wings look good. Been awhile and now I got a taste for some...JJ

Reactions: mike243
Yep I got a feeling we will be going to Hooters for lunch today lol, fine looking wings , how was the skin? ,spaghetti pairs really well with fried wings so I bet smoked would also. so much I would like to cook and so little time :emoji_laughing:

Yep I got a feeling we will be going to Hooters for lunch today lol, fine looking wings , how was the skin? ,spaghetti pairs really well with fried wings so I bet smoked would also. so much I would like to cook and so little time :emoji_laughing:
The skin was crisp and bite through for the most part. The Walkerswood is a bit thick so some of them weren't as crisp. I definitely have a long list of cooks I want to do since being on SMF, but that's what winter is for, lol.

Awesome looking wings, Jeremy!
I just bought a pack on sale 2 days ago, seasoned them & froze them for later use.
Al

Great looking wings! But if I made just that many wings I don't know what everybody else would be eating?:emoji_joy:

And YES! Another home Coffee roaster! Do tell us more about your methods and process! Are you pan roasting or do you have a roaster? I just did another 5lb's yesterday.

Awesome looking wings, Jeremy!
I just bought a pack on sale 2 days ago, seasoned them & froze them for later use.
Al
Thanks Al, I haven't froze them seasoned yet. I will try to remember that when we are restocking for the winter.

Great looking wings! But if I made just that many wings I don't know what everybody else would be eating?:emoji_joy:

And YES! Another home Coffee roaster! Do tell us more about your methods and process! Are you pan roasting or do you have a roaster? I just did another 5lb's yesterday.
We are starting to figure out how to cook for two, as next week we become empty nesters. I have a comment on noboundries post about coffee roasting detailing my roast. Sunday I get to try the first cup! Thanks for taking the time to look!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky