Winging it, with Leftover Burnt Ends. Mega Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Southeast Michigan
So I had stuff in the fridge to use up. I thought I would make a goulash of sorts with my 1.5 lbs of burnt ends. I really didn't want to freeze the burnt ends and I didn't feel like giving half away..
I needed to make a dish that would compliment the soft succulent morsels and keep the burnt end idea through the dish.
So here is my easy weeknight burnt end main dish.. all in one pan. Well, 2 pans..

Burnt ends before dicing , 3 chipotles in adobe sauce, beef broth in a container the ends were just in.. some salsa in the jar.
Red and green bell pepper with some onion and garlic minced. Then leftover broccoli already steamed ..

The peppers and onion with garlic get sauteed in olive oil a few. Then I added the 2 Tbsp of tomato paste and the 3 chipotles in sauce. Cooked it all in to combine..
I added some water to the beef broth to make more liquids.. I put a couple Tbsp of ketchup in the pan and about a Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.

Cooked those in.. in went the diced up brisket ends.. then added the beef broth and water. About a cup. Some cracked black pepper was added previously no salt. Sauce tasted good. Noodles were just right and I put the cut up broccoli in to combine.. the noodles last and I folded the concoction together. Man it's good. Winner winner burnt ends dinner!

Oh. 5 scallions diced up.. lol

IMG_20180130_183617.jpg
IMG_20180130_183634.jpg
IMG_20180130_183722.jpg
IMG_20180130_184327.jpg
IMG_20180130_184344.jpg
IMG_20180130_185436.jpg
IMG_20180130_190257.jpg
IMG_20180130_191007.jpg
IMG_20180130_191352.jpg
IMG_20180130_191509.jpg
IMG_20180130_192316.jpg
IMG_20180130_192537.jpg
IMG_20180130_192617.jpg
IMG_20180130_192835.jpg
IMG_20180130_192957.jpg
IMG_20180130_193333.jpg

Last edited:
That looks tasty. I think one of the high points of cooking is turning leftovers into a cohesive, tasty dish.

Looks like a good meal Johnny. I love leftovers, always have. And when you can combine them like you did, it's even better.
Gary

Where's the beef !? Mega pics? Nada pics....

Lol.. I had trouble inserting pics in the text at points. I ended up erasing all that and re-inserting the pics into the thread later. My bad.. technical difficulties.. :p

Thanks fur your cooperation.. lol

I want some, point! Guess if I ever make 25 pounds of burnt ends I might have left overs to do something with LOL

That looks delicious Johnny!
Especially when you added the noodles!
And congrats for getting a ride on the carousel!
Al

I want some, point! Guess if I ever make 25 pounds of burnt ends I might have left overs to do something with LOL

Johnny nice job looks tasty Likes
Richie

That looks delicious Johnny!
Especially when you added the noodles!
And congrats for getting a ride on the carousel!
Al
Lol. Good stuff , thanks!
I was trying to use 5 lbs of flat and point in 3 days. Couldn't do it and now I stretched it another 2 days. ;)

Johnny... That Looks Awesome!!! Congrats on making the carousel as well......
My wife and I were wondering what kind of burnt ends...... And then I thought.... How can there be any burnt ends leftover ?????? An impossible feat here when I make them.... Way too many vultures around lol, Definite point

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Looks delicious!

Johnny... That Looks Awesome!!! Congrats on making the carousel as well......
My wife and I were wondering what kind of burnt ends...... And then I thought.... How can there be any burnt ends leftover ?????? An impossible feat here when I make them.... Way too many vultures around lol, Definite point

looks great!

Been getting into a bad habit of just hitting the like button. Sorry peeps.. thanks for your kind words..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky