Wing problem

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mosparky

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 11, 2015
St. Louis area, Missouri
I'm doing wings for the first time and set my MES to 275 deg. Being in a hurry and needing the kitchen space for other things, I put the wings in when the temp got to about 240. Now I have been watching it for an hour and the temps haven't gotten over 240. Holding at 236 pretty steady. Varified with a wired probe.
I guess my seldom used MES 30 Gen 2.5 may have shot craps.
How long should I give the wings at this temp ? Hate to prolong an already too long smoke by opening the door.

They should be about done....Check to see and stick'em in the oven and broil to crisp skin.Check MES and get it sorted out.

Yeah, nearly an hour and a half in and I couldn't wait any longer. I fired up the propane grill and set on low. pulled the wings from the smoker and probed, right at 160-165. Put them on the grill for another 10 mins and pulled. Looks and smells so good but too hot to eat.
Now I have the smoker set to 225 and gonna watch the temp for awhile. This might give me a clue what the problem is.

I usually smoke mine for 1 hour & 20 minutes @ 225 then onto a gas grill to crisp them up.
Or the best way is with a kettle & a vortex, that combo will make you the best wings ever!
Al

Surprised to hear that Al. That's almost to the minute (and temp) that I ended up with. A fortunate coincidence indeed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky