Wine and Barbecue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
I just started reading Horn Barbecue. Great book!

While doing so, I opened a great bottle of Cabernet, William Cole Grand Reserve.

This has to be one of THE BEST values I ever seen. $10 a bottle. It drinks a Napa Cabernet. No lie.

BTW - I used to own a wine bar in NYC, so trust me on this, you won't be disappointed.

Attachments

• 20220706_160025.jpg
    20220706_160025.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 13
Great! Love wine,do make good deal of it every year myself. Always interested in new tastes so will see if I can fine it here.

I love wine with BBQ. We have some beautiful reds in the Columbia Valley that pair nicely with BBQ. I’m always on the look out for good values!

Chilean reds from the Maipo Valley have a long history of producing good wines. Haven't seen this one but will look for it. 2017 maybe a bit more difficult to find though.

I just started reading Horn Barbecue. Great book!

While doing so, I opened a great bottle of Cabernet, William Cole Grand Reserve.

This has to be one of THE BEST values I ever seen. $10 a bottle. It drinks a Napa Cabernet. No lie.

BTW - I used to own a wine bar in NYC, so trust me on this, you won't be disappointed.
where do you like to buy it on the Island? Wineguy, bottle bargains, Holbrook liquors?

This bottle I bought at Stews in Farmingdale. But I usually go to Wine Guys in Smithtown or Total Wine in Westbury

Reactions: clifish
I love wine with BBQ. We have some beautiful reds in the Columbia Valley that pair nicely with BBQ. I’m always on the look out for good values!
Columbia Valley makes some great red wines. You are very lucky to have such a region in your backyard.

You are very lucky to have such a region in your backyard.
Thanks!, Plus add Hood River Valley and the Columbia Gorge. Varied climates, altitudes, soils and rain produce an amazing array of varietals close to home.

Thanks! Love $10 wine recommendations.
When I'm smoking meat, my olfactory nerves are shot so I stick with beer and bourbon. But for most meals, wine is mighty fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky