Wind and Rain Enclosures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ron50

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2007
FL
I was thinking yesterday as the clouds looked threatening that a chance downpour would definitely have not been appreciated by my smoker. I remember reading somewhere here, but I can't find it now, about a homemade portable windscreen to keep the temps on the smoker from fluctuating. I'd also like to build something to keep the rain away so I don't have to worry about Mother Nature.

Any ideas, suggestions, pictures would be greatly appreciated.

...I use my tilting patio umbrella to keep the rain off.
wink.gif

Thanks Theresa, that was the post I was looking for.

Hawg: Umbrella would work for the wind but my backyard, sometimes it's so windy I think I could set up a windmill farm .

Thanks.

Yeah, it is worthless when it's windy, but I have spent many a Q-ing session under it in the rain. You should see the looks I get from the neighbors...
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky