• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wind and Rain Enclosures

ron50

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2007
I was thinking yesterday as the clouds looked threatening that a chance downpour would definitely have not been appreciated by my smoker. I remember reading somewhere here, but I can't find it now, about a homemade portable windscreen to keep the temps on the smoker from fluctuating. I'd also like to build something to keep the rain away so I don't have to worry about Mother Nature.

Any ideas, suggestions, pictures would be greatly appreciated.

ron50

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2007
Thanks Theresa, that was the post I was looking for.

Hawg: Umbrella would work for the wind but my backyard, sometimes it's so windy I think I could set up a windmill farm .

Thanks.

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
Yeah, it is worthless when it's windy, but I have spent many a Q-ing session under it in the rain. You should see the looks I get from the neighbors...

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
I made one out of 4" thick styrofoam helps keep the heat in come winter too.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.