Winco Pork Butts $.98/lb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
Winco has pork butts on sale for 98 cents a pound. One of those five in my basket is a 12.67 lb monster. That is the biggest pork butt I've seen that wasn't actually a picnic shoulder cut.

Might have to go back later and get five more. We're still deciding if we want to continue doing 4-6 turkeys a year. If not, time to load up on more butts!

20191207_133733.jpg

I do like the picnic roast a little bit better...more trimming required but better results IMHO
But - a Boston Butt is still an awesome find at that price!

Reactions: noboundaries
I rarely see picnics at Winco, but they have them on occasion. I was stopping there today just to get chicken for dinner and a few other necessities. Saw these and couldn't pass them up because my freezer was butt-less. Smallest I got was 9.3 lbs. Will probably go back tomorrow and see if they have anymore 10+ pounders.

Darn, I was at Winco yesterday to get veggies for Pork Chile Verde (already smoked shoulders, using left over pulled pork). I'am about 45 miles from Winco, but I'm heading back into town Tuesday and will have to check that out. I am planning a Turkey for Xmas, but it always good to have a pork butt hanging around.

Reactions: jcam222
I generally smoke two at a time and freeze a bunch of the pulled pork. My wife just told me I'm taking pulled pork to the kids next time we visit. DEFINITELY going back to buy more butts.

I've got 20 lbs deboned, cut up and setting in the freezer cooling to grind tonite for sausage. That was three 7-8 lb'ers. I'll probably pick up a couple more. Wish they'd get some loins in though, haven't seen any there for awhile.

Winco has pork butts on sale for 98 cents a pound. One of those five in my basket is a 12.67 lb monster. That is the biggest pork butt I've seen that wasn't actually a picnic shoulder cut.

Might have to go back later and get five more. We're still deciding if we want to continue doing 4-6 turkeys a year. If not, time to load up on more butts!

View attachment 418753et a few s
Great deal!!!

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky