• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Winco Pork Butts $.98/lb

noboundaries

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Winco has pork butts on sale for 98 cents a pound. One of those five in my basket is a 12.67 lb monster. That is the biggest pork butt I've seen that wasn't actually a picnic shoulder cut.

Might have to go back later and get five more. We're still deciding if we want to continue doing 4-6 turkeys a year. If not, time to load up on more butts!

20191207_133733.jpg

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
I do like the picnic roast a little bit better...more trimming required but better results IMHO
But - a Boston Butt is still an awesome find at that price!

noboundaries

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I rarely see picnics at Winco, but they have them on occasion. I was stopping there today just to get chicken for dinner and a few other necessities. Saw these and couldn't pass them up because my freezer was butt-less. Smallest I got was 9.3 lbs. Will probably go back tomorrow and see if they have anymore 10+ pounders.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Very nice score!! I have 5 in my freezer from earlier this year when Kroger ran that price.

2008RN

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 4, 2018
Darn, I was at Winco yesterday to get veggies for Pork Chile Verde (already smoked shoulders, using left over pulled pork). I'am about 45 miles from Winco, but I'm heading back into town Tuesday and will have to check that out. I am planning a Turkey for Xmas, but it always good to have a pork butt hanging around.

noboundaries

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I generally smoke two at a time and freeze a bunch of the pulled pork. My wife just told me I'm taking pulled pork to the kids next time we visit. DEFINITELY going back to buy more butts.

Norwester55

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 1, 2018
I've got 20 lbs deboned, cut up and setting in the freezer cooling to grind tonite for sausage. That was three 7-8 lb'ers. I'll probably pick up a couple more. Wish they'd get some loins in though, haven't seen any there for awhile.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Winco has pork butts on sale for 98 cents a pound. One of those five in my basket is a 12.67 lb monster. That is the biggest pork butt I've seen that wasn't actually a picnic shoulder cut.

Might have to go back later and get five more. We're still deciding if we want to continue doing 4-6 turkeys a year. If not, time to load up on more butts!

View attachment 418753 et a few s
Great deal!!!

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 30, 2018
Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to have to go take a look. Hopefully they have the same sale in So Cal.

G

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.