Why Toss & Turn?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Yesterday for dinner I webered up a couple of hipshot burgers, cheddar in mine. While the chimney was firing up the coals I fried up a couple pieces on my maple bacon
DSCN1660.JPG

Slapped the burgers on the grill for three minutes a side, that's how we like 'em
DSCN1661.JPG

Homemade bun, layer of bacon, SBR, caramelized onion
DSCN1662.JPG

Burger, topped with more bacon
DSCN1663.JPG

Plated up with tater salad and slaw
DSCN1664.JPG

I only ate half my burger. It was delicious but a little mid-day snacking affected my appetite, so I wrapped the other half up and tossed it in the fridge. Fast forward to 2am and I'm tossing around thinking about how that burger and a brewster might help me sleep a little better. Being a experienced insomniac I knew better than to lay there much longer. Thirty seconds in the micro and at 2;30 Bob and I were at the computer looking at a bright future.
DSCN1665.JPG

There's enough suffering in the world today without me having to be part of it. Thanks for lookin', RAY

Ray that is a mighty fine looking sandwich any time of day. 2 am is a little early for me though. Usually 3-4 am is the norm. Work days the alarm goes off at 4:30. Hope that helped with your early rise. I'm sure it would for me.
like!

I was up at midnight but I bring a cold one upstairs with me.That whole meal look great RR is a great choice.
Richie

Reactions: sawhorseray
Good looking burger Ray. After working several years of swing shift, I would just as soon have that type of breakfast over a traditional one.

Very nice meal and post!
I usually spend a couple hours in the middle of the night tossing and turning (like a lot of us, probably) but I stubbornly just lie there. I may have to try the "midnight snack" thing...
I am the same way - too stubborn to get up even if I toss and turn for 2-3 hours, cause sometimes I get 15 minutes here and there.

John

It's 3;37 AM here in CA I hate to say it I can completely relate to this "experienced insomniac " And boy does that look tasty....Ray.

Yeah, I see you up in the wee hours along with a few of us other regular insomniacs, there's always the chat rooms if we could type fast enough! Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Ray Is that slaw home made? If so would you share the recipe? Richie Please

It's got to be the easiest thing in the world to make Richie. I chop up a head of cabbage and one thick slice of onion fairly fine. I skin two carrots with a vegetable peeler to get the outer cooties off, then continue with the veg peeler and shred them into a bowl, then chop that up with a knife. Dump all the chopped goods into a larger bowl and mix with my hands, it's all ready for slaw dressing. About half the time i'll be lazy and buy a couple bottles of Marie's, the other half I'll make my own, just as good, a lot cheaper.3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup mayo, 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup pineapple juice, 3-4 Tbs sugar. What costs $10 at the grocery store I make for two bucks at home, and I know what's in it. Thanks for the Like, Richie, I appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: tropics
Love the meal Ray! Looks delicious!
I haven’t had a Rolling Rock since High School! Al

RR's have been the home brew for over 20 years Al, before that it was Coors or Bud. I find foreign beers too filling. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky