Why I love my Yoder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Beanhall

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 23, 2017
Salina, KS
My ys640 is a great smoker, but I also love that I can grill with it too. The steaks turned out so good.

20180517_170724.jpg
20180517_171238.jpg
20180517_172401.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I have never regretted the money I spent for my Yoder.

On Point right there!

Those GrillGrates are the best cooking invention for our outside cooking joy since outside cooking!

Our cave dwelling ancestors sure could have used them! I love mine and actually plan to get me a set to use on my bullet charcoal setup too.

If you’ve not used them flat side up, give it a whirl.

Pat

Last edited:
How long did it take to warm up? If you have experience with previouse pellet grills, does it burn more pellets than others? What is the max temp you can get in it?

I looked at a Yoder yesterday. It is certainly well built. But is it too well built? It is so solid, such thick metal that it looks like it would take a long time to heat up, and use a lot of pellets to keep up to temp.

Thanks for the reply's

I'm with Beanhall - So many different smokers and so little time but the Yoder YS640 was my choice as well and the ability to sear with the GrillGrates played a big roll in that decision. Steaks to perfection. Those steaks look awesome.

I hear ya Beanhall, I spent months researching waffling back and forth about ditching my Traeger and for what. I got the 640 too, only have a couple cooks under my belt with it, but love it so far. Those sear marks are something my ol Jr Elite sure couldn't do even with the grill grates.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky