Whole New york stip.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 11, 2010
SW Pennsylvania
Was at a store today they had whole new york strips for sale at 3.19 pound, i looked they were just cryoed and had a USDA marking on them but no where did I see a rating as in select or choice.

Anyone ever smoke one of these? it almost looked like a brisket but it wasn't.

Now I wish i would have brought one along home with me, we were out of town for the day and the store is about 45 minutes away, I make need to make another trip, pick up a couple.

Yours looked really good.

At that price most likely select grade. Stil a good deal. Never truely know till you cut into it.

They do very well being cooked or smoked whole. We use a lot of them for large events.

Not sure if this is on the ok side for a link, but going to try it since it is an educational link.

Here is a site for USDA Beef quality and yield grading by Texas A&M. It's a good read.
http://meat.tamu.edu/beefgrading/

David's looked great  makes me hungry

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky