• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Whole New york stip.

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 11, 2010
Was at a store today they had whole new york strips for sale at 3.19 pound, i looked they were just cryoed and had a USDA marking on them but no where did I see a rating as in select or choice.

Anyone ever smoke one of these? it almost looked like a brisket but it wasn't.

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 11, 2010
Now I wish i would have brought one along home with me, we were out of town for the day and the store is about 45 minutes away, I make need to make another trip, pick up a couple.

Yours looked really good.

jarjarchef

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 30, 2010
At that price most likely select grade. Stil a good deal. Never truely know till you cut into it.

They do very well being cooked or smoked whole. We use a lot of them for large events.

Not sure if this is on the ok side for a link, but going to try it since it is an educational link.

Here is a site for USDA Beef quality and yield grading by Texas A&M. It's a good read.
http://meat.tamu.edu/beefgrading/

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
David's looked great  makes me hungry

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.