• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Whole chicken

Firemedic76

Fire Starter
Joined May 27, 2019
I e got a 6.5 lb bird I’m gonna smoke for a pre thanksgiving cook just want to run the process by you all. I’m gonna rub and inject the bird then the plan is to smoke it At 300-325 deg till the breast hits 165deg, just wondering how long do u think this will take so I can get my meal Timing right. 3-4hrs?

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
What kind of pit? At 300 - 325, the bird should be done before 4 hours.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
First of all I would pull the bird at 157 degrees, then after a brief rest on the counter the IT will get to 165. It will be much more juicy that way. At that temp I would say about 2 + hours.
Al

Firemedic76

Fire Starter
Joined May 27, 2019
First of all I would pull the bird at 157 degrees, then after a brief rest on the counter the IT will get to 165. It will be much more juicy that way. At that temp I would say about 2 + hours.
Al
Ok thanks for the reply. It’s been on 90 min now at 350 IT is 140 so like u say it’ll prob be done by the 2+hr Mark.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.