Who Smokes Venison ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I recently tried my hand at venison sausage and it came out pretty good. Made Brats and summer sausage. I add grape seed oil to the batch instead of bacon or other meats because the wife won't eat those. Do the same for hamburger and it really keeps it from drying out.

Recently shot an Elk. Talk about a step above venison. This stuff is great. Have to be careful because it really takes on the flavor of a marinade.

Mike

Well every link I have found and tried brings me to the daily forum page ... am I doing something wrong? What little I have found is about brining ... can I do a roast without brining? I'd apprecate some help here if possible ... thanks.

Almost everyone around here would just cut the meat out for burger, we've done about 4 racks of ribs. Same method as regular pork ribs. The come out excellent. Two racks still in the freezer!!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
They didn't dry out at all.

Thanks for the info on how to access all the threads ... now I can stop bugging ppl for recipes and such. It is all there as Gunslinger had said, but I was too dense to figure it out ... doh!
icon_biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky