Who remembers these?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup---They were neat, but mine came with a kind of punishment.
I got one for being a "Good Little Boy" when Mom took me to the Dentist. So my plane always was associated with "PAIN" !!
I think they were 35 cents each, then.

Bear

Reactions: Steve H
Loved those! They are still found in the prizes you can buy with tickets from the arcade games here. Don't normally see the wind up kind tho. My favorite however were the large foam gliders. I have not seen them in a very long time.

You guys will appreciate this... 8YO daughter got some plastic Slinky toy somehow and was playing with it. I proceeded to try and get it walk down our stairs... No dice. I decide to find a legit Slinky. I got the last one at Target for $3!!! You read that right, 3 DOLLARS! I figured $15... My daughter totally went nuts when she got that thing to walk the whole staircase. Got me interested in the Slinky and admit that I got a bit emotional reading about it. SNIP Betty James insisted upon keeping the original Slinky affordable. In 1996, when the price ranged from $1.89 to $2.69, she told The New York Times: "So many children can’t have expensive toys, and I feel a real obligation to them. I’m appalled when I go Christmas shopping and $60 to $80 for a toy is nothing."

Reactions: Steve H
Loved those! They are still found in the prizes you can buy with tickets from the arcade games here. Don't normally see the wind up kind tho. My favorite however were the large foam gliders. I have not seen them in a very long time.

You guys will appreciate this... 8YO daughter got some plastic Slinky toy somehow and was playing with it. I proceeded to try and get it walk down our stairs... No dice. I decide to find a legit Slinky. I got the last one at Target for $3!!! You read that right, 3 DOLLARS! I figured $15... My daughter totally went nuts when she got that thing to walk the whole staircase. Got me interested in the Slinky and admit that I got a bit emotional reading about it. SNIP Betty James insisted upon keeping the original Slinky affordable. In 1996, when the price ranged from $1.89 to $2.69, she told The New York Times: "So many children can’t have expensive toys, and I feel a real obligation to them. I’m appalled when I go Christmas shopping and $60 to $80 for a toy is nothing."
Your telling me, $1000 Iphones for both kids well, not kids anymore 18 and 20

Reactions: zwiller
Hobby Lobby has them here local and i just bought 2 for my kids and the styrofoam glider that has like a 4’ wing span. I was more excited to find them than my 5 and 2 year old was to get them lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky