who makes the best "polish sausage seasoning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
you can make your own... seach google or here for PS recipes I like the ones in grams and make sure your pork is not brined ... if so cut the salt your recipe...

i have looked at a couple on amazon and other places but like other seasonings its hit or miss when it comes to finding a good one , just hoping to get a consensus as to a good one like i did for "leggs " Italian seasoning several here recommended it and it turned out to be a keeper

Generally speaking, regional sausage recipes will have a few base ingredients, with some signature spices added. Many formulations are very simple. A polish kielbasa (fresh) for example will typically have salt, white pepper and garlic. Then signature spices could be nutmeg or marjoram . Because salt amount can make or break a good formulation, it's best to make your seasoning from scratch and adjust seasonings to suit your taste.

I have made this one for Easter the past three years. Very close to what I remember when growing up. My brother and family think so too.

I cut the garlic back to 6 cloves because it is pretty strong with 8.

Having grown up in a Polish Family, Grandparents made their own Kielbasa, and having a Polish Deli a few blocks away. Kielbasa was simple, Salt, Black Pepper, Cure and Garlic, maybe a bit of Marjoram. Both Grandfathers passed when I was a child and never got recipes. BUT...The following is Exactly the flavor I and my Polish Wife, grew up eating with the addition of 0.5g/Kg Marjoram added...JJ

Reactions: sawhorseray
Heads up: With any so called "simple recipe" use the best and freshest ingredients you can. I grind all my spices immediately before making. You guys sure on BLACK pepper? I thought for sure white for kielbasa.

Reactions: chopsaw
In Poland, each city has an old town square, a catholic church, and a regional sausage.

Here's a rabbit hole:

In the end, all the smoked Kiełbasy are very similar to one another.

I strongly recommend these two classics:

If you're smoking

If you're not smoking

Heads up: With any so called "simple recipe" use the best and freshest ingredients you can. I grind all my spices immediately before making. You guys sure on BLACK pepper? I thought for sure white for kielbasa.

Maybe it was the region the owners of the the 3 area Polish Delis came from, but they all used Black Pepper...Or, there were Scary Black Specks of Unknown Origin!...JJ

Canned-Crickets-New-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky