Who cut the cheese?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hero23

Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I did and I'm smoking it! This is my 1st time trying this but it is looking good. Mild cheddar split six ways. I don't have a vacuum seal, so my question is... should I wrap the cheese or is it ok to put it in a zip lock bag? Time to go check on it again. Thanks!

Since you do not have a vac sealer here is how I would do it - wrap each piece in plastic wrap and stick into a baggie - try to suck all the air out and let it sit for 2 weeks to ripen

Get some pics up so we can see what you did

I have a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer it does a great job of sucking out the the air and sealing against freezer burn it would be a wise investment to get one they have so many uses other than using for food.

I have a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer it does a great job of sucking out the the air and sealing against freezer burn it would be a wise investment to get one they have so many uses other than using for food.
I have one too and have been using it for about 15 or more years. We first got it when we had a small catering company. They work great and have saved me lots of $$$   

cool.gif

The food saver is the best bet. Now it wil pay for itself in no time. But for the cheeses I would use the zip-loc bags. Heck we all did before we had the food saver sysytems.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky