Whiskey barrel smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Phil Chart

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
Green Bay wi
56747203786__5AA08565-052F-4051-A688-6E8F61A99B2C.JPG
IMG_4240.JPEG
IMG_2238.jpg
IMG_2269.jpg
IMG_2308.jpg
IMG_2330.jpg
IMG_2288.jpg
I mentioned to my love that I would like to make a whiskey barrel smoker some day and low and behold one showed up Christmas morning. I have spent the last couple of months working on it of and on. Last weekend I fired it up for a test (dry run no meat) I was extremely happy at how in ran right out of the barn. I loaded it up with about 2/3 of a chimney of royal oak and lit it off. I was able to hold the exact temp I wanted 250-270 consistently for the duration of the 4-5 hour run. I checked the charcoal usage and still had about half left . Next weekend hope to do some ribs will post q pictures then. Here are a few pictures of the build hopefully the come out in order I'm not good at posting pictures on here so bear with me
Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 47
Very innovative.
Should be similar to an "egg" style unit due to the heat retention.
Was thinking there might be a problem until I saw your last photo.
Great idea with the firebrick liner surrounding the burn box

Nice scooter, but do you get a bit of razzing being in the state of the Hardly?

Wish I had your snow level. Got 4' across my front yard

Very innovative.
Should be similar to an "egg" style unit due to the heat retention.
Was thinking there might be a problem until I saw your last photo.
Great idea with the firebrick liner surrounding the burn box

Nice scooter, but do you get a bit of razzing being in the state of the Hardly?

Wish I had your snow level. Got 4' across my front yard
Thanks I got that covered I have both a Harley and a beemer lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky